Hello from the great state of Florida

Sweet boat! Welcome and let's see some pics when it comes in!

No - I inquired about it but my dealer said it wasn't necessary and it whined when you turned. I sea trailed a 2350 g something with the ESP with a f-200 and the steering was a little tight with the regular hydraulic, but I liked it. It held a really straight path underway.

I water tested with the 200 and regular hydraulic and thought it was nice as well. I think there are 3 of us now waiting to enjoy the new yamaha 200.

Take their word for it. This is Benningtons busiest season so I'm sure they're getting them out as soon as possible.

Hello I am new here and live just outside of Tampa. I just ordered a 24ssx on 3/9/14. It will be my first pontoon boat and I cant wait.

Twin 32 Elliptical Saltwater Performance Package

Wave Tamer

Sealed Strake/foil

Rough Water Package

HD Rub Rails

Ski Pylon

G Series Recliner

Forward Bimini

Dual Stern Gates with Extended Aft Deck

Garmin GPS

Marine Vinyl flooring

Yamaha 150

Sweet! Wish I was down there. Know anyone looking to hire an insurance professional? Worth a shot.

String,

congrats on the new toon!  Just got my 22SSX this past friday and took it on the st johns river Saturday..it was awesome!  My setup is similar to yours except I got tritoon with SPS.  We are out of St. Augustine so we frequent the st johns and the intracoastal.  Taking it to the intracoastal next week.

Our dream plans, to cruise the Intracoastal ... You all make me jealous .....

I live in the Orlando, Florida and am ready to buy a Bennington Pontoon Boat.  I am trying to decide between the NEW SFX20 and the SFX22.  The SFX20 has a 70 HP Yamaha and the SFX22 has the 90 HP Yamaha engine.  Any suggestions as what might be the best choice would be helpful. 

Also, how do you negotiate a price on these boats.  All I have been able to do is get the factory suggested retail price from the three dealers that I have been talking with. I will be paying CASH with no trade in. I have my own tandem pontoon trailer.  I have never paid the suggested retail price on any new automobile that I have purchased and believe that I should be able to buy a boat for a less than sticker price.  Anyone who has experiences in negotiating a price on a new Bennington would be appreciated.  My email is: Houston@cfl.rr.com  .

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the 22 and go at least 115 or 150 if possible if you are going to be hauling 4 plus adults. Pricing "usually" runs around 20-22% off MSRP unless it's leftover. You might get anywhere from 30-40% off on a leftover if they want to move it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the Orlando, Florida and am ready to buy a Bennington Pontoon Boat.  I am trying to decide between the NEW SFX20 and the SFX22.  The SFX20 has a 70 HP Yamaha and the SFX22 has the 90 HP Yamaha engine.  Any suggestions as what might be the best choice would be helpful. 

Also, how do you negotiate a price on these boats.  All I have been able to do is get the factory suggested retail price from the three dealers that I have been talking with. I will be paying CASH with no trade in. I have my own tandem pontoon trailer.  I have never paid the suggested retail price on any new automobile that I have purchased and believe that I should be able to buy a boat for a less than sticker price.  Anyone who has experiences in negotiating a price on a new Bennington would be appreciated.  My email is: Houston@cfl.rr.com  .
It's been said here before, but just use the line "That's not acceptable" and see where it leads.  Having alternatives from another dealer helps too.  Bad time of year to negotiate a good price.

Houston,

The first quote from the dealer from Tavares was outstanding...actually I used their quote as a great bargaining chip.  I actually liked the dealer from Tavares best but they were just a little far away for me.  They will give you a rock-bottom quote right off the bat but that will be it...they really arent into bargaining games so what they give you is what you get.  Mike at Triangle marine is great and very knowledgeable...I think it would be worth a trip to go see him.

We want to move to Tavares! Beautiful area with the chain of lakes.

Like the others have said, shop around.

Thanks to all of you good people who responded to my request about negotiating a price on a boat.  You all really helped me a lot.

I have now purchased a New SFX 22 with a 115 HP Yamaha.  I will pick it up next week.  I bought it about 60 miles away at Apopka Marine Center in Inverness. I believe that I got a good deal based on all of your help and input.

Houston Pitts

Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics!

Awesome...happy for you!  Cant wait to see it...where do you take the toon or where to plan to take it mainly?

It's going to be a long wait but it makes it sweeter,best of luck and you should be happy with that setup......

Thanks to all of you good people who responded to my request about negotiating a price on a boat.  You all really helped me a lot.

I have now purchased a New SFX 22 with a 115 HP Yamaha.  I will pick it up next week.  I bought it about 60 miles away at Apopka Marine Center in Inverness. I believe that I got a good deal based on all of your help and input.

Houston Pitts
I live in Inverness and also bought my boat at Apopka Marine.  I have been very happy with their service, etc.

Hi , I know you answered me about the rod holders but I cannot find that post anywhere. is there an easy way to get to it. it was called " rod holders". when I type that in nothing is found. in any case I am looking for a single rod holder that has that bar inside so the rod doesn't slip through and looks it from turning. The reason is I want to be able to use my bait table in the rod holder and it needs that little cross bar inside the holder. The 4 gang in alum was beautiful but A: has no pin rods go all the way through the reel is what stops them from going any further. That is perfect for fishing poles but I need a single to hold this table

Back