Hi! New Bennington Owner

3SugarBugs

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick hello! I've been reading since January when we bought our new boat, but waited to post until I had pictures! :D Clearly I already know the rules!

This forum, and all of you, have already been a wealth of information...I keep relating all of your great tips to my husband...so Thank You! We previously owned a 2004 90hp Sweetwater, so we're really looking forward to the *much* nicer ride and increased speed.

I think we have the identical boat to Bamaman, only in the 2013 model...I posted some pictures in the gallery and will give it a shot here as well.

A little about us - we live in Urbandale (Des Moines), IA and boat on Saylorville Lake, which is just about 20 minutes north of us. We keep our boat in a slip at the marina and love the convenience! We co-own with our in-laws, as they love being out with our kids - Madeline (almost 15), Piper (almost 10) and our little guy Grey is 4. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Christy & Kevin

gallery_3621_295_7957.jpg

gallery_3621_295_393486.jpg

And a couple more...

gallery_3621_295_577993.jpg

gallery_3621_295_112158.jpg

gallery_3621_295_124026.jpg

Very nice!

Welcome! Your going to love the rear lounger!

Beautiful boat and family! Welcome aboard!

What a great introduction and leading off with pictures. Welcome to CB and jump right in!

Nice looking boat and family!

Welcome aboard Christy & Kevin

Welcome and great pictures! Enjoy your new boat!

Jack

Welcome to the party guys !! B)

Welcome to the Bennington family !! Great looking toon and family !!!

Welcome!! And we'll done! I still don't know how to post pics like that, but I get by. Great looking family, they will love the Benny!

Welcome!! And we'll done! I still don't know how to post pics like that, but I get by. Great looking family, they will love the Benny!
Derrick - You're the legend around here...or so I read...come on already, learn how to post pictures! :) We'll need ones of that new boat when you get it....is that like October? :p

Thanks all for the welcome! 96 here today (we broke a record) but very windy, and we have soccer tonight...dang kids! Hoping to get out tomorrow night for a quick couple of hours.

Derrick - You're the legend around here...or so I read...come on already, learn how to post pictures! :) We'll need ones of that new boat when you get it....is that like October? :p

Thanks all for the welcome! 96 here today (we broke a record) but very windy, and we have soccer tonight...dang kids! Hoping to get out tomorrow night for a quick couple of hours.
Thanks Christy!! Your comment gave me a great idea, let's see how long it takes someone to notice!

I realize its a bit conceited,but it's in fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
No October is when he tries to talk the wife into the 2014 model that he just saw released .... LOL !!!

Wow, ONLY 96, nothing like rubbing it in !! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My dealer was already bugging my wife when we were dropping off my 2012! She has no problems telling him NO! Haha, but we'll wait to see what they come out with!!

Welcome aboard!

Our boats are nearly identical, and we bought ours from Heartland too. Michael was just awesome to work with. Next time we buy a boat, I won't look anywhere else. Our first cruise was on Saylorville. Still remember that day vividly. We didn't want to go back to the dock. Nice choice on the 150. I wish we ponied up for the 150. Love the color too (obviously).

I agree the weather is crazy. I can't believe we had a frost Sunday, and nearly 100 just two days later. Good luck with the boat. The kids are going to love tubing!

Oh, by the way, your assessment of Derrick is right on - We've all been trying to figure out for a long time now why he can't post pics. :) (Shhhh. He's from Canada.)

Fine, I'll post a picture of our lake

Did it work?

All I see is snow and ice ;-)

Back