Hit AGAIN!

Post up a sign at your slip offering a reward for information concerning a "HIT & RUN" that occurred at your slip. At the very least, it may draw attention to the fact that there's a scumbag boat owner in your Marina, and the Marina has failed to help protect their customers by providing minimal expectation of security. I wonder how hard it would be to get on the docks and pilfer the boats if they don't have decent security cameras??

Dave ,that is a good idea 

I love the sign idea!!!!! Make it big and obnoxious as to draw attention.

Yeah, the guy should have come forward right out of the gate.  If it were me, I would have waited by your boat for days until you showed up just so I could tell you what happened and explain I already called my insurance company and how sorry I was.

He is too embarrassed now, he will never admit it now, it has been too long with too many denials.

I think most owners of Searays practice witchcraft. Or maybe I'm thinking of Criscraft... I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
No, you are correct. Its a requirement that you be an inconsiderate douche rocket before buying one. Its in the contract. When you register it you have to show positive proof of recto-cranial insertion. 

Its like that for all searay owners down here as well.

Don't get me started on the wakeboard boats driven by the 20 year olds and towed with  brand x/y/z diesel trucks with stacks and lifted. They're like Taliban on the lake, No one likes them.

OP,

hope you get it all sorted out. Had someone key my new 2014 Silverado 2 weeks after I purchased it. They keyed it from the headlight to the taillight.

A week later someone opened a door on it, leaving a pretty sizable dent.

2 weeks after that someone backed into the front bumper hard enough to leave a dent.

I feel your pain.

Sorry to hear that this is still going on Jack.  Wish it could be resolved but at some point you may have to take the advice to have it fixed, move on and put it all behind you.  Wish you well pal

Its going to get fixed ,dealer came out today for the estimate .

Hope to be at a new marina by the weekend .

After being hit twice in 363 days ( hits discovered ) .

My wife and I decided to purchase a lot for an investment  that includes a marina .

The marina is only 4 miles further from our home than the current one .

We finally agreed on a price Tuesday ,and the owner has agreed to let us use our new slip while we are waiting to close .

We are still on the Inland Waterway ,however we will now do the majority of our boating on Mullett Lake  and Burt Lake .

It will be very interesting to see if the current marina will prorate my slip for the season .They do have a waiting list .

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great, but also lousy that you were in this predicament to begin with! Does the new marina have any cameras on your slip? If not, would they let you "donate" one that they could install that by chance could have a birds eye view of your boat?

That's great, but also lousy that you were in this predicament to begin with! Does the new marina have any cameras on your slip? If not, would they let you "donate" one that they could install that by chance could have a birds eye view of your boat?
One of the first thing I am going to do ,is request wifi at the marina ( haven't asked ,may there already )  so I can monitor my own .

Another positive is the the slips are much longer than  the the old marina and my stern will not be exposed .

Now it would have to be direct hit .

Congrats Jack! Looks like some beautiful country side and more nature, less commercialized. If they don't prorate it, put a jon boat out there with a big plywood sign that states your boat was hit there twice and the marina did nothing.

That's great news Jack!  When you say purchase a lot, are you saying that you are going to build a house there?

Right now ,it is just for investment and the marina . Taxes and association dues are still less than half of what we were paying for our current slip .

Long range we would prefer to go where we can boat more than 5 months a year .

Kathy and I are now snowbirds but I would not/could not tow the Bennington down [salt in the rivers & intercostal]  After our first year we will decide what to do about boating

Right now ,it is just for investment and the marina . Taxes and association dues are still less than half of what we were paying for our current slip .

Long range we would prefer to go where we can boat more than 5 months a year .
OK. I thought you changed your mind about relocating. And...........how's your mom doing?

Mom is doing well .Thanks for asking Carl.

She still has some soreness and quit therapy even though the Dr wanted her to continue .

She said she is driving up,end of July ,early August .

Good to hear Jack.

Compare the pitch on each blade of the prop. I had a similar vibration on my older pontoon start shortly after I had been hit in my slip. I found out one blade was slightly bent and there were no marking on the paint. It is possible it was bent but the paint was not scratched. Just an Idea to check. My boat had been hit but the guy came and talked to me about it. I thought there was no major damage but found out later it is possible to bend the prop but not scratch the paint. When I got my new benny I moved to the new dock. 30' deep so someone would have to pull up in my slip to hit me now. Cost a little more but the piece of mind was worth it. Sorry to hear about the damage and hope you get the vibration worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back