How much did you use it?

No. Since main harnesses and wiring all melted, they could not “definitively” determine the cause. And since I had hooked it up to the battery charger after the new batteries drained, they then “determined” the most likely cause was I must have crossed the wires.

Makes me mad to no end, as I double checked wires before and after hook up and incident, and know they were proper. However, they dismissed my word on that since they couldn’t figure out what else caused it. Needless to say, my attitude towards the only Bennington dealer near me, and the one I purchased the boat from, is VERY negative these days.
Possibly a great reason to take detailed pictures after one has made any electrical modifications, and run any additional wires away from the Benny wires!? Maybe even get a Benny Dealer to inspect?

Possibly a great reason to take detailed pictures after one has made any electrical modifications, and run any additional wires away from the Benny wires!? Maybe even get a Benny Dealer to inspect?
100%. I wont ever do anything again outside of the dealer without video documentation. Not after getting screwed a bit on this problem.

Less than 6 hours so far. Only had it out twice. Too many home renovation projects getting ready to put the house on the market.
But -- hoping to go to Table Rock Lake for the first week in November if weather is good. That'll add a dozen hours or more.

Not Enough!

100%. I wont ever do anything again outside of the dealer without video documentation. Not after getting screwed a bit on this problem.
Is she fixed up or did they give you a date when she would be repaired?

Is she fixed up or did they give you a date when she would be repaired?
It is still in limbo due to parts shortages. The dealership received about 2/3 of the replacement parts about two months ago. However, they have no ETA’s from Bennington on the remaining 1/3 of the parts. After five months, the first phase of repairs is still waiting to be done...

34 hours and that might be heavy because a couple of times I realized that the engine was actually running when I thought it was off. A lot less tubing and skiing this year, but still a lot of time spent at the sandbar. All in all, a pretty nice summer up here in Michigan.

It is still in limbo due to parts shortages. The dealership received about 2/3 of the replacement parts about two months ago. However, they have no ETA’s from Bennington on the remaining 1/3 of the parts. After five months, the first phase of repairs is still waiting to be done...
Sheesh, that sucks

88 hrs. We ski in the morning. Tube in the afternoon. Cruise after dinner. Burned through 202 gallons of fuel this year.

We turned 780 hours on our 2014 gsr2250 this past summer. Yamaha 150 still purs like a kitten. Finally did the water impeller last spring with 650 hours on the clock....actually didn't look real bad. New plugs and under cowl fuel filter and fuel water filter under the seat all replaced.

Next year will be a slow year for boat usage for me :( Lost my wife of 6 years to complications of covid earlier this month and it just won't be the same going out without her as co-pilot.

We turned 780 hours on our 2014 gsr2250 this past summer. Yamaha 150 still purs like a kitten. Finally did the water impeller last spring with 650 hours on the clock....actually didn't look real bad. New plugs and under cowl fuel filter and fuel water filter under the seat all replaced.

Next year will be a slow year for boat usage for me :( Lost my wife of 6 years to complications of covid earlier this month and it just won't be the same going out without her as co-pilot.
My condolences on your loss. So tragic. My heart and prayers go out to you and the entire family during these difficult times.

So sorry to hear ILB

I’m so sorry for your loss ILB.

Sorry to hear.

We're only around 50 hours this year. Working too much!

Back