Illuminated Kicker Speakers

skipperbill

Reaction score
I know the option exists for Blue ice LED side, underwater, bimini, cup holders, etc exists and I didn't get any of these based on the standard feature highlights listed for the G series as including illuminated Kicker speakers (page 25). I know plenty of members have offered solutions for aftermarket lighted options of all sorts. However, I hate to dwell on this, but what exactly does the "illuminated" mean in this brochure. I went to the Kicker website and they are now offering these lighted speakers for 2013. Could this be what this this means? If so, I'm excited! If not, I'm confused why it would state that if there isn't any illumination. Can anyone that has taken delivery of a 2013 with Kicker speakers, please enlighten me?

http://www.kicker.com/km_coaxials

i should be taking delviery of a 25Q this week.. it is due to be in today... i'll let you know.. mine better have those blue led speakers.. or houston we have a problem

i ordered a 2013 GCW, although i havent taken delivery yet i have seen the boat at the dealership. the Kicker speakers in the 2013 G series model are illuminated. meaning the inner part of the speaker puts off a blue LED light.

LED speakers are just eye candy and something else that costs money. There's no real reason to waste money on such "luxury" options. My money would be better spent on higher quality speakers.

My 2013 2550 rbr has the led speaker's, there cool but I didn't have to pay extra for them they were included in my package.

My 2013 2550 rbr has the led speaker's, there cool but I didn't have to pay extra for them they were included in my package.

Bamaman, hence the reason I am attempting to confirm that they are standard. I don't want to waste extra money on this type of option, as I have little ones and the only person taking the boat out at night are myself and maybe a buddy or two occasionally. So, if they're included, bonus!

You paid for them all right! R series boats are not cheap! That is why I'm slumming it with my S series!!!! (I'm super excited about my sslx so nobody take this out of context)

All Bennington's turn heads

my two cents on the lighted speakers: nice to have the soft blue light when underway. It's not legal on our lake (Lake Belton, Tx) to run with any lights except the navigation lights, so these speakers provide a soft light on the floor that won't blind oncoming boats or attract the lake rangers. I personally like them.

I wonder if Bennington has switched back to the Wet Sounds xs-650's now that they have their lighting behind the tweeter instead of the ring? Hope so, they are a great speaker.

"LED speakers are just eye candy and something else that costs money. There's no real reason to waste money on such "luxury" options. My money would be better spent on higher quality speakers."

Bah Hum Bug LoL serious? this is your reply to a guy asking if 2013 Boats come with lighted speakers? LOL

Ok back to the original question I to would be interested in the answer to this question and if what Derrick suspects to be true turns be the case

(Factory Wet-sounds) your gonna get the best of both worlds lit speakers that are a upgrade to the kickers.

they are the Wet sounds speakers...
I'm a bit confused on this. So, are the backlighted Wet Sounds standard now on the R instead of Kickers? Mine is still in shrink wrap and I haven't seen inside yet.

It is a confusing topic and I'm glad I mentioned it on here. I don't know about the R series standard OR upgraded (Wet Sounds) speakers, I am just now under the assumption that the G series (i.e. my 2013 2275 GCW) will have the illuminated Kicker speakers as displayed in the attached link on my post at the start of this topic. I don't think Wet Sounds plays a part in this at all.

The answer is yes, the 2013 G series comes standard with illuminated Kicker speakers.

Nap22, thank you! I'll let the others debate about the Wet Sounds speakers. I got my answer and am excited to see and hear them! Case closed.

Wet Sounds were to be the factory in boat speaker (not sure on which model levels R,Q for sure) they started installing them, but since Wet used a speaker ring instead of behind the tweeter, it brought the speaker grill out just a bit to far and it could interfere with some seat positions. So Wet said, "Hey, I'll redesign it for you!" Because that is also the type of company Wet Sounds is. So now they make a new version of their XS-650, which is the xs-650 RGB, obviously being with the LED behind the tweeter. The RGB's are out now, so I was just wondering if Bennington switched back to them or if they are still using existing Kicker inventory.

my 2013 2550 RCB does not have the wet sound option, the standard R series speaker is the Kicker w/the blue light behind the tweeter....my boat was ordered in Jan and delivered a week ago. I'd say the speakers are fair in the sound department, but the blue light is nice since it appears the small blue lights that use to be on the R as the floor "mood" light are no longer. . .I've wondered what I might do if I upgraded since blue light is relatively new on Kicker speakers....nice to know on option is the XS-650 RGB. Thanks!

So can I go to kicker website and buy these and they would be a direct replacement for my 2010 rcw that has the kicker speaker upgrade? Hole size / cut out the same? Do extra wires need to be run for the illumination? I have all the factory blue ice options that were available back in 2010

Thanks

Todd

Back