In the Water

Sorry to here of your pontoon leaking. Its just aggrivating to wait so long for these boats to come in and have situations as these to arise! damn it!! So they are replacing the pontoon under warranty?

Yes it is warranty . Its being welded Saturday . New toon is on order I will most likely wait until fall for the install

My 22' SVSR is still on schedule to be delivered to dealer early August.(fingers crossed) I have speakers, amp, led strip lights and aluminum coating waiting patiently in my closed in shop for instalation as soon as it arrives!!!!!!

My 22' SVSR is still on schedule to be delivered to dealer early August.(fingers crossed) I have speakers, amp, led strip lights and aluminum coating waiting patiently in my closed in shop for instalation as soon as it arrives!!!!!!
Sounds nice! Be sure to share some pictures of her when she arrives!

Yes it is warranty . Its being welded Saturday . New toon is on order I will most likely wait until fall for the install
Sorry to here about your leaky tube. It was good to hear about the support that you had from your dealer and the factory. Unfortunately for Bennington it happen to you considering the size of your following. Just do to nature of a forums we hear a disproportionate number of problems. I say this because I am about to add more fuel to the fire but it is also kind of funny.
In the process of making my boat my own I ordered two identical tubes from Bennington service parts. As you can see from the attached photo the plate under my thumb is missing from the adjacent tube. Also take note of the big word RUSH! on the top of the tube. I took the photo because it was humorous to see the word RUSH! next to the defect. In the end the repair was insignificant compared to the other modifications that where made. Indeed for my application the plate had no value other than symmetry.
1654206122233.jpeg

Bingo . It got much worse between that pic and when they pulled it yesterday. Dealer drilled 2 holes ,water ran out for over 4 hours .
Holy crap!!!

Sorry to here about your leaky tube. It was good to hear about the support that you had from your dealer and the factory. Unfortunately for Bennington it happen to you considering the size of your following. Just do to nature of a forums we hear a disproportionate number of problems. I say this because I am about to add more fuel to the fire but it is also kind of funny.
In the process of making my boat my own I ordered two identical tubes from Bennington service parts. As you can see from the attached photo the plate under my thumb is missing from the adjacent tube. Also take note of the big word RUSH! on the top of the tube. I took the photo because it was humorous to see the word RUSH! next to the defect. In the end the repair was insignificant compared to the other modifications that where made. Indeed for my application the plate had no value other than symmetry.
View attachment 32773
Yikes!!! Why did you have to order to more toon's?

Yikes!!! Why did you have to order two more toon's?
Like many people I wanted to make my new boat my own. This project is documented in the ‘do it yourself’ section of this forum. https://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/new-pontoon-new-project-detailed-description.12870/ When one looks at the dramatic high speed photos in any pontoon manufacturers sales brochure it becomes obvious that they are planing (to some extent) on the under deck. The white water extruded between the three tubes looks great until you think about it. After thinking about it I had to fix it. That led me to Bennington’s ESP center tube that in turn led me to the Bennington boat. While working on the project I noted that Bennington’s product design is very smart. With regard to the manufacturing quality - well it might be a sign of the times. In the end the boat went 46% faster with the original motor and then like a fool I doubled the power. That bone head move had little benefit and was akin to brute force and ignorance.
1654272078241.jpeg

Back