It's here, it's here!!

adkboater

Reaction score
The day has finally arrived, the boat was delivered to our dealer this morning, he is rigging as I write this and we should be able to pick it first thing tomorrow morning! I'll post pics as soon as I can. I gonna drive my wife crazy, I'm like a little kid at Christmas waiting for my presents! Thank you everyone for all the information this site, it was much easier building the boat, and yes it came out awesome! I'll also post the speed once I figure out the gps :)

Congratulations 

Congratulations.   Looks like a decent weekend to really try her out.  Good luck.

Congratulations

Pics or it's bs.      :D

Nice ADK but make sure you pin the Benny locator map for when you boat in the Adirondacks :)

Sounds great, lets see some pics!!!

Marc

Congrats ...... And as pointed out, PICS are mandatory or it ain't true !!

Congrats!! Where in the ADK do you boat?

Congrats! Great turnaround time for dealer prep!

Nice! Looking forward to your performance figures.

Sweet, 4th lake and the chain are some good ADK boating. We boat on the finger lakes, and Cranberry lake. The ADK rocks, enjoy your new boat!!

Alright, the pics are in the gallery, I couldn't get them attached here! The boat is completely beyond what I was expecting, and the ride and  handling are AWESOME. Yes the SPS hul does lean, maybe not as much as an elliptical (never drove one). I wasn't able to get any good speed runs as the wind just wouldn't quit (15-20mph), plus I couldn't get anybody off the boat!! The best I could do was 40.7mph with 6 adults, all of the junk that follows, full tank of full plus I wasn't allowed to close up the bimini. :(    Hopefully next time out I'll get some calmer waters/wind and less riders! I'll post more pics as I can. Thank you to everyone on this forum as the information is endless, the opinions are well spoken and made my purchasing experience that much better! :D   

Congrats on the awesome boat!

I agree, this forum had a huge impact on my decision to buy Bennington a couple years ago. My guess is even some of the dealers pick up tips here too. Except for Jack's.

The best I could do was 40.7mph with 6 adults, all of the junk that follows, full tank of full plus I wasn't allowed to close up the bimini. :(    Hopefully next time out I'll get some calmer waters/wind and less riders! 
Actually 40.7 mph is pretty respectful in those conditions.  Propping on these boats can be tedious, especially if you are looking for speed at WOT and you want to be operating in the optimum RPM range.  .   Here is a link with charts showing important prop RPM info for different Evinrude Etec models.

What was your RPM at WOT?

Congrats -- the boat looks great!

Actually 40.7 mph is pretty respectful in those conditions.  Propping on these boats can be tedious, especially if you are looking for speed at WOT and you want to be operating in the optimum RPM range.  .   Here is a link with charts showing important prop RPM info for different Evinrude Etec models.

What was your RPM at WOT?
I was running right at 5500 rpm. I didn't get the link, but I have a viper prop, I'll have to check but I want to say 16 pitch/14-3/4 dia.?

Thank you Sunnyside360! I did a little research, and switching to a rebel prop would probably give me the top end I want, but assume I'd lose somewhere else? Right now the boat planes instantly and is extremely responsive to the throttle. If the boat ends up at only 41 I'm okay with that. My solution would be to upgrade to an ESP with a 250 sooner! :D   

Back