It's official.... PADS is complete/cured

peeruwp

Reaction score
I started looking at multiple brands then narrowed it down to two, even had a post removed for mentioning the other brand of whom I will never speak of again... I also started with an SV (base) and thanks to this forum... I have moved from an SV to an S to an SX and finally landed on a 23 LSR... for crying out loud! After all my research Im pretty sure I could be a sales person for Bennington... Im still wondering if sales peeps are trolling these forums and laughing when the read posts like this... "hahaha, we got another noob ;-)"

Well, here it is, the final build, deposit down, take ownership this spring! Thanks again for all the help, the fact that a forum like this exists says a lot about the brand!

No going back, no more changes... wait, can I still make changes????

Attachments

• boatBuild Last.jpg
    boatBuild Last.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 60
".....moved from an SV to an S to an SX and finally landed on a 23 LSR...." Our work is done here ;)

That was a jump peeruwp. Beautiful build. You do know that once you take possession you are required to post pics.

We are always happy to spend others money ... :p

Go see it built if logistics permit. It's a cool process to see.

How would a person go about doing this? (Provided COVID hasn't changed the process)
Yeah, I don't know if COVID has changed things or not. But, that said, I would start with your dealer. If they are worth their salt, they will check into it for you. Otherwise, contact Bennington directly.

It's not as uncommon as you might think. On the day I saw mine, there was another buyer there doing the same thing. It was fun. The guys installing my power steering components were ribbing me for "being a weakling!" LOL.

My 23SSRCX is being built this winter as well...are all boats built in northern Indiana? Do they send pictures if I can't get there in person ? I've seen a few posted on the site... Might have to take a road trip to see my Fightin Irish and the new boat being built!

Beautiful build. But if you had $60-$70K to spend on a boat, why the heck did you start looking at SVs? :)

Congrats my friend. Hope your dealer took good care of you. ;) When you get a build date they can contact the regional sales manager who can at least get Bennington to take pictures as your boat is being built. You have decided on a very nice boat. I think I told you previously our job is to make sure you get the best boat for your money. You will be happy for many years to come. Enjoy and post pictures when you get it.

Congratulations on a beautiful build! Based upon your original plan, I'd have to say that you likely saved yourself a good deal of money by buying your last boat first! Nice job!

My 23SSRCX is being built this winter as well...are all boats built in northern Indiana? Do they send pictures if I can't get there in person ? I've seen a few posted on the site... Might have to take a road trip to see my Fightin Irish and the new boat being built!
They will send photos to your dealer, tell them you would like to see them. Congratulations looks like a very nice build!! Happy pontooning.

To be honest ... an SV tritoon with a 115. Isn’t a bad boat... it would have been a clean new boat that would have gotten the job done... and then... I found this site... “build your last boat first”.
Ah, marketing.

To be honest ... an SV tritoon with a 115. Isn’t a bad boat... it would have been a clean new boat that would have gotten the job done... and then... I found this site... “build your last boat first”.
I'd have to agree that your first build would have been a fine boat, if it met your needs now and in the future. It appears after further consideration, you decided that it doesn't so you recalibrated. Smart move IMO.

As to your title ... I don’t know if it’s ever cured, just dormant. It can rear its ugly head with the slightest of updates ... :p:p

I heard Pfizer is working on a vaccine for PADs. :rolleyes:

Back