Keeping the Toons Looking Great

BIGBLOCK

I told him that your toons had a mirror like finish and looked like shiny chrome 

He said it was the worse thing I could do 

He continued saying that I get you are willing to pay extra for the look but in 2 years I would regret it 

The thought of him doing it is more appealing than me 

To hear him say no during these slow times is shocking

Boating season really doesnt kick in here till May for most Memorial Day

He is one of ony two Bennington Dealers in a 100 mile radius of me.

I am going to call Bennington Tomorrow 

23656197.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a question, what are you going to call Bennington about? it has nothing to do with them. If he doesn't want to shine your toons, that's his choice. As for the Sharkhide, it's already been shown to you the he is full of poop when it comes to the peeling complaint. I'm kind of thinking he is just lazy and doesn't want to do it is all. As it was said, if the Sharkhide wasn't a good product, then Bennington wouldn't use it, and you have real life testimonials from owners that say it does work great.

You have to wonder about some dealers !

Instead of calling Bennington, call Sharkhide and talk to Clint. We met him a few years ago and he is all things Sharkhide.

The biggest problem with Shark Hide is actually the intense fishy smell that permeates the boat after the application. This is one of the reasons that the manufacturer advises application in a well ventilated area. Probably attracts sea gulls too.

Oh wait! That was yesterday. Never mind.

I'm hoping this was an April Fools shenanigans.

There will always be people that can't follow directions for something as simple as breathing air and drinking water. That's why you always throw out the high and the low (data points).

But, giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he got a bad can of Sharkhide. In which case you'd still want to stay away from him!

There will always be people that can't follow directions for something as simple as breathing air and drinking water. That's why you always throw out the high and the low (data points).

But, giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he got a bad can of Sharkhide. In which case you'd still want to stay away from him!
Perhaps the first direction ," Well ventilated area " 

Just a shenanigan. I imagine Shark Hide smells rather strong of petro-chemical due to the base that the product is delivered in.

So much for fish stories. ;-)

CZ

Just got off the phone with Bennington in Elkhart IN

Bennington Corporate LOVES Shark Hide

They are surprised that my dealer didn't offer it to me as an option pre build which is the best time to purchase and apply

They claim like everything dealers have their own preferences and mine just doesnt like the product 

I could apply it myself like BigBlock but would never get complete coverage while doing on the trailer

He recommends looking for another dealer who would apply Shark Hide

Boating Season is near 

My dealer is willing to place boat in a nearby lake so I can choose between T60 and 90 HP

Once in the water to take to another dealer for a Shark Hide application is not the ideal situation

57931529.jpg

FRUSTRATION !!

Has yours boat been built yet ? 

Call the factory back ask to add it if it hasn't left .

If it's too late to have the factory do it.... DO IT YOURSELF. You can certainly coat all areas that you see even if it's on the trailer. Do it before your toons hit the water and save yourself the frustration.

And remember that big block polished his toons, that is not the result of applying shark hide. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

My boat has been delivered to dealer with trailer as well

Yes Big Block's is polished and the toons are amazing

Called the other pontoon dealer in the 100 mile radius and he said it was just to prevent algae from forming

They will not polish the toons like Big Block's

Taking it to the other dealer, will have a 300.00 charge for SL21

Lighthouse_13.gif

He's also rather misinformed too. Sharkhided toons collect algae and need to be cleaned just like non-treated ones. The Sharkhide preserves the even finish and consistency of the aluminum as if it was new, though it's not a polished look. The aluminum starts to dull and tarnish literally as soon as it leaves the factory so the earlier the better to save on prep work. $300 is a pretty good deal IMHO.

^^^^^. what Tom said. It does not prevent algae from forming. It might make it easier to clean off though as it can't "attach" to the aluminum.

I agree $300 is a good deal.

There are several places near me that will mirror polish the toons.

The cheapest guy will polish and Sharkhide for $1200.

Back