LIST YOUR SPECS HERE

I must be incorrect on that. What's the set up called when you have the 3/4 toon in the middle?

I changed it to EPP for Express Performance Package. Is that correct?

Last edited:
  • Boat Model --------- 25 QSB
  • Model Year --------- 2018
  • Tube Option -------- ESP PACKAGE
  • Power Option ----- Mercury Verado 350
  • Performance ------ 50.6MPH GPS AT 5950RPM
WE HAD 3 PASSENGERS ON BOARD AND HALF TANK OF FUEL. BOTH BIMINI TOPS WERE UP AND THE WATER WAS CALM.

MAY BE ABLE TO SQUEEZE ANOTHER FEW MPH OUT OF IT IF THE TOPS WERE DOWN!

Hey RodEarl74, what prop are you using? I have a 18 25 RSB ESP w/Merc 300 and a 17p SS and only getting 44.8 @ 6150, 3/4 tank of gas.

The standard prop the boat came with. It’s an Enertia SS I believe 17P

2010 2275 FSI ESP
Yamaha F250 Offshore Digital Elec. Controls
15-1/2 x 17 3 blade saltwater series 2
46 mph normal load
3.2 MPG @ 20 cruise 1.7 mpg @ WOT
Command Link Plus Digital Dash
Sea Star Electric Power Steering
Minn Kota Terrova 36 / 101 / i-Pilot
5 Batteries

2018 25 QCW I/O with ESP package
Volvo Penta V8 300hp with SS duo prop
43 MPH at 5800 rpm (The Volvo Penta website states that the max rpm for this engine is 5800 rpm)
2 adults with 1/2 tank of tank of gas

• Tube Option -------- ESP PACKAGE
  • Power Option ----- Mercury Verado 350
  • Performance ------ 50.6MPH GPS AT 5950RPM
WE HAD 3 PASSENGERS ON BOARD AND HALF TANK OF FUEL. BOTH BIMINI TOPS WERE UP AND THE WATER WAS CALM.

MAY BE ABLE TO SQUEEZE ANOTHER FEW MPH OUT OF IT IF THE TOPS WERE DOWN!
Awesome. Do you know what prop and pitch you have?

Hey Keith. I think I (Jeff) replied to your post on the FB Bennington page (Mercury Prop selector and this group). Glad to see you are here, and now I see you are in Michigan too. We are on Houghton Lake ourselves. Hoping you hear back on recommendations for your set up. Good luck!

Current:
  • Model Year --------- 2019
  • Toon Package ------ ESP PACKAGE
  • Motor --------------- Mercury Verado 350
  • Performance ------- 47.2 GPS AT 6150RPM
  • Trimmed ------------ 2.7 Degrees (which is super shitty)
  • Prop ------------------15 Pitch Mirage X 15"
The motor is mounted in the top hole, which puts the prop in the lowest position in the water...

The boat is currently in the shop - I'm moving the motor to the 3rd hole which will raise it 3 plus inches and get the cavitation plate out from underneath the water line while planning...

And changing the prop out to a 17 Pitch Enteria...

This is going to be a real-time performance analysis...

2 pretty big changes in both mounting position and Prop Pitch...

I'm betting WOT will be 52 -55 afterward...

Last edited:
You might want to do 1 change at a time. IMHO.

Im running the standard prop that came on the boat. Mercury enertia 14.5x17p stainless. The Motor is mounted in the standard position. I've heard that if you move it up a couple of holes, you can gain another 3-5MPH! Not sure but I'll keep her right where she's at

Current:
  • Boat Model --------- 23 RSFB
  • Motor --------------- Mercury Verado Pro 250
  • I do not have all of the performance specs, had too much fun to pay attention. Now I have another reason to start the 2019 season, so I can compare performance with others.
IMG_0602.JPG

Current:
  • Model Year --------- 2019
  • Motor --------------- Mercury Verado 350
  • Performance ------- 47.2 GPS AT 6150RPM
  • Trimmed ------------ 2.7 Degrees (which is super shitty)
  • Prop ------------------15 Pitch Mirage X 15"
Nice... boats make more power this time of the year due to the weather... Did you take to Kenny @ Sun Country?

I did Joe...

In fact, it's Sun Country, Pat specifically, that is doing the changes...

I'm flying back down on the 24th for a few days to run her again and see how the changes worked...

Really great group of guys there...

I did Joe...

In fact, it's Sun Country, Pat specifically, that is doing the changes...

I'm flying back down on the 24th for a few days to run her again and see how the changes worked...

Really great group of guys there...
That’s where I purchased my Boat. I’ve had all my services done there and all prop work as well.

They’ve always treated me right. They recommend the Enertia 14x17P prop for top end and the Revolution 4 Blade 14x17P for all around use. They suggest to move the Verado 350 up 3 holes for maximum WOT speed.

I haven’t moved my motor upand don’t think I will. We don’t go WOT all that often and I’m happy with the near 50MPH I get with it where it’s at.

You might want to do 1 change at a time. IMHO.

I agree with you in normal circumstances...

I chose to do both at one time for a couple of reasons...

1st - The boat would start to porpoise in all mid to high throttle ranges when I trimmed her out past 2.6 degrees...

Under normal operating conditions she should trim out at around 5.0 - 6.0 degrees and should never porpoise...

The tech there at Sun Country has been setting up Bennington's for 5 years and has a few hundred under his belt...

He's confident that the motor is to low in the water...

I did a test run after consulting with him to shoot a video of the cavitation plate, which should be at water level or slightly above when the boat is on plane - mine was buried...

Hence the rise of two holes...

2nd - The Prop change which was two-fold:

He showed me in the Mercury manual, in really black and white language, that the boat should be running an Enteria and not a Mirage (which is what was on it)...

Finally, the cat's meow was his personal log of the boats he has set up...

The log showed the following stats:

Year - Model - Engine - Prop - Mount Position (Hole) - WOT - RPM - Trim (@ WOT)

The difference in my particular boat between a 15 pitch and a 17 pitch was night and day...

To see all those numbers in black and white was a real treasure...

He's installing the new prop next week and will be taking it on the water to test it out...

I fly down on the 24th and can't wait to see the difference...

For me, it's not really about the WOT speed - it's about the best overall performance...

It's better for the boat and the motor...

Current:
  • Boat Model --------- 23 RSFB
  • Motor --------------- Mercury Verado Pro 250
  • I do not have all of the performance specs, had too much fun to pay attention. Now I have another reason to start the 2019 season, so I can compare performance with others.
View attachment 23951
She's a beauty! I can certainly understand having too much fun on her...

I agree with you in normal circumstances...

I chose to do both at one time for a couple of reasons...

1st - The boat would start to porpoise in all mid to high throttle ranges when I trimmed her out past 2.6 degrees...

Under normal operating conditions she should trim out at around 5.0 - 6.0 degrees and should never porpoise...

The tech there at Sun Country has been setting up Bennington's for 5 years and has a few hundred under his belt...

He's confident that the motor is to low in the water...

I did a test run after consulting with him to shoot a video of the cavitation plate, which should be at water level or slightly above when the boat is on plane - mine was buried...

Hence the rise of two holes...

2nd - The Prop change which was two-fold:

He showed me in the Mercury manual, in really black and white language, that the boat should be running an Enteria and not a Mirage (which is what was on it)...

Finally, the cat's meow was his personal log of the boats he has set up...

The log showed the following stats:

Year - Model - Engine - Prop - Mount Position (Hole) - WOT - RPM - Trim (@ WOT)

The difference in my particular boat between a 15 pitch and a 17 pitch was night and day...

To see all those numbers in black and white was a real treasure...

He's installing the new prop next week and will be taking it on the water to test it out...

I fly down on the 24th and can't wait to see the difference...

For me, it's not really about the WOT speed - it's about the best overall performance...

It's better for the boat and the motor...

Two Tone: Great info. My dealer just set up my 2019 QX25. 350 Verado. He put on the Enertia 15 pitch and mounted the motor as low as it would go. Have to wait until spring to test it out.

Two Tone: Great info. My dealer just set up my 2019 QX25. 350 Verado. He put on the Enertia 15 pitch and mounted the motor as low as it would go. Have to wait until spring to test it out.

Just my 2 cents, from a helpful suggestion:

Your boat with a 350 Verado is going to be under pitched at 15. I think your dealer is going way too conservative on outfitting the prop and mounting the motor. Mine did as well, and it took a little bit of an assertive push, back and forth disagreement, and 2 days of trial and error to correct it after the fact when I first got our boat in the water. I’d avoid that process if possible.

Thus, I’d strongly request 17p enertia for that 350 Verado. Second, I also really think that engine mount is going to be too low in the water, resulting in the issues mentioned above (too much drag). Due to boat similarities, I’d request (politely insist ;)) to start out with what Two Tone is switching too above. His changes sound much more apporpriate for that particular boat and motor.

Last edited:
Back