LIST YOUR SPECS HERE

• Boat Model --------- 22 SSRX
  • Model Year --------- 2018
  • Toon Package ------ SPS
  • Motor --------------- Yamaha F150XP
  • Performance ------- 38mph@6150rpm. 7 adults, 125 pounds of gear (coolers, etc), full tank of gas, both biminis up, light wind and moderate chop, elevation 450 above msl.
  • Prop ------------------14.5x14 Yamaha Reliance
Yes, the boat is underpropped. Dealer switched to this prop from a 15x15 4-blade stainless prop (boat was overpropped). Waiting for a new 14.5x15 prop.
Did you get stats on new prop? Which holes are engine mounted with? What is the make and model /stats of new prop? My 2017 22 SSRCX with Yamaha 150 and SPS is almost identical to yours. My engine is mounted as low as possible (top holes) and WOT at 5400 RPM and 34 mph. Don't know what my prop specs are other than it's aluminum.

We're starting this thread to collect everyone's specs in one place. That way, anyone wanting to know how the different options will affect their own boat just can look in one spot to see everyone else's real world experiences.

Just hit the reply button to this post, which quotes the format, and edit it to fit your specs. Simple and easy.

Make sure you get in the small details like the size of your pontoons, do they have strakes, the brand, model name and HP; that sort of thing. If you happen to have a specialized option like the ESP or Dual Elliptical setup, or perhaps are running a jack plate, mention that too.

Oh, almost forgot... Let's try and keep this thread "single purpose". If you are reading the thread and realize you have a particular comment or question for someone in regards to their specs & numbers, just start a thread in the forum and make sure to include the person's Online Name in the thread title so that they know you wanted to ask them something.

That's about it. Have at it! B)

jhill's Benny
* Boat Model--------------- 22 SSRCX
* Model Year---------------- 2017
* Tube Option-------------- SPS 25" lifting strakes (certificate for max of 200hp) Wave Shields
* Power Option------------ Yamaha F150
* Prop Specs---------------- Aluminum 15.25 x 15p Just replaced with new Yamaha SDS Reliance 14.5 x 15p now WOT 5900 RPM 38-39 mph
* Performance------------- 34 MPH @ 5400 RPM WOT 3 people and 3/4 tank fuel (old prop)....now 39 MPH @ 5900 RPM WOT same load
* Engine mounting------- Lowest setting currently (top holes) ......plan on raising 1 hole to #2

I will pull aluminum prop and see what specs are and update. No numbers on outside. Should be able to hit around 6,000 rpm WOT if different prop I assume......(see updates in spec list above)

Last edited:
jhill's Benny
* Boat Model--------------- 22 SSRCX
* Model Year---------------- 2017
* Tube Option-------------- SPS 25" lifting strakes (certificate for max of 200hp) Wave Shields
* Power Option------------ Yamaha F150
* Prop Specs---------------- Stock Aluminum ??? no outside markings
* Performance------------- 34 MPH @ 5400 RPM WOT 3 people and 3/4 tank fuel
* Engine mounting------- Lowest setting (top holes)

I will pull aluminum prop and see what specs are and update. No numbers on outside. Should be able to hit around 6,000 rpm WOT if different prop I assume.
I have a 2019 22 SSRXP SPS with Yamaha F150. I run the Yamaha reliance SDS 15pitch 14 1/2 diameter stainless prop and motor mounted one hole up.
I get 39mph at 6000 rpm 2 people Bimini closed up and half tank gas.

I have a 2019 22 SSRXP SPS with Yamaha F150. I run the Yamaha reliance SDS 15pitch 14 1/2 diameter stainless prop and motor mounted one hole up.
I get 39mph at 6000 rpm 2 people Bimini closed up and half tank gas.
Thanks for reply! Was your engine always mounted 1 hole up from maximum lowest or did you have it changed? Does that change of raising 1 hole have any downside like cavitating prop losing bite of water when making aggressive manuevers like towing tubers or going back for skier that fell ? What performance did you see before moving engine? Thanks

Thanks for reply! Was your engine always mounted 1 hole up from maximum lowest or did you have it changed? Does that change of raising 1 hole have any downside like cavitating prop losing bite of water when making aggressive manuevers like towing tubers or going back for skier that fell ? What performance did you see before moving engine? Thanks
It was always mounted that way. I get best straight line performance trimmed up half way. If I cut a turn too hard trimmed up it will cavitate. If I know I’m going to cut a turn hard I just trim all the way down and it handles it fine.

Is there a lift hook already on Yamaha F150XB to raise motor 1 hole? Seems easy enough as long as you have strong enough support and chain hoist. Anybody done their own change?

Is there a lift hook already on Yamaha F150XB to raise motor 1 hole? Seems easy enough as long as you have strong enough support and chain hoist. Anybody done their own change?

there is a lift hook under the cowling.

PilotNate14's BOAT:

• Boat Model --------- 21SLX
  • Model Year --------- 2021
  • Tube Option -------- SPS
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F150
  • Prop Specs ---------- 4 blade aluminum Quicksilver Nemesis 14 x 14
  • Performance ------ 37 mph @ 6100 rpm on GPS

We're starting this thread to collect everyone's specs in one place. That way, anyone wanting to know how the different options will affect their own boat just can look in one spot to see everyone else's real world experiences.

Just hit the reply button to this post, which quotes the format, and edit it to fit your specs. Simple and easy.

Make sure you get in the small details like the size of your pontoons, do they have strakes, the brand, model name and HP; that sort of thing. If you happen to have a specialized option like the ESP or Dual Elliptical setup, or perhaps are running a jack plate, mention that too.

Oh, almost forgot... Let's try and keep this thread "single purpose". If you are reading the thread and realize you have a particular comment or question for someone in regards to their specs & numbers, just start a thread in the forum and make sure to include the person's Online Name in the thread title so that they know you wanted to ask them something.

That's about it. Have at it! B)

* 2017 SX21
* Vinyl straw deck
* Yamaha F115LB
* 2- 25" tubes W/O strakes
* 13.5 X 12 Talon aluminum prop
* 24 gallon fuel tank
* Black and Tan color
* Top end W/GPS ,26 MPH @ 6100 RPM, WOT W/ 2 passengers, full fuel tank, Bimi down.
* Not named yet ( probably will be "Black Betty")

Last edited:
  • Boat Model --------- 23SX SSBXP Tritoon
  • Model Year --------- 2019
  • Tube Option -------- SPS package (25” tubes w/ lifting strakes and wave shield)
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F150XB / 3 blade SS prop 14.5 diameter & 15 pitch
  • Performance ------ 37.5 MPH AT 5900 RPM

STEVE's BOAT:
  • Boat Model --------- 24LSB
  • Tube Option -------- Three 25" Tubes with Strakes - SPS - Plus
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha 250hp - 4-Stroke SHO VMax Top Hole mount
  • Prop Specs ---------- 3 Blade Stainless - Lexor 15.5 x 17
  • Performance ------ 47 mph @ 5400 rpm on Simrad G07 - 2 people + 20 of 34 gal of gas

Last edited:
  • Boat Model --------- 26 LXL
  • Tube Option -------- Three Tubes with Strakes - ESP
  • Power Option ----- New 2021 Yamaha 300hp
  • Prop Specs ---------- 3 Blade Stainless -
  • Performance ------ 0 mph since motor isn’t in yet.

• Boat Model --------- 21 SSBXP
  • Model Year --------- 2020
  • Tube Option ------- SPS package (25” tubes w/ lifting strakes and wave shield)
  • Power Option ----- Evinrude E-TEC G2 150 H.O.
  • Prop Specs --------- 3 Blade Stainless RX3 15.5 x 17
  • Performance ------ 41 mph on GPS

2014 24SSRX
twin 25" tubes
90 Yamaha 4stroke
13.75X15
22.6 @5100 max throttle full tank 2 people calm water getting a 14X11 solas aluminum prop to get the rpms up hopefully

Give Ken a call@Prop Gods: (941) 735-5808; he is very knowledgeable concerning props.

Last edited:
Have a 2275 2011 Bennington

Yamaha 115 with 14 X 13 pitch prop Stainless

Twin Pontoons

Struggling to get to 22-23 mph with three adults half tank fuel

Suggestions to add some speed

Getting to around 5900 RPM's

Thanks

Back