LX23 or LX24?

May I inquire: When did you order the boat and has the dealer provided you an order confirmation from Bennington? I ordered mine at the end of January and apparently the order has still not been confirmed. The dealer stated new orders are still being scheduled for April. Getting a bit worried.....
We placed our order on December 12, 2020 and dealer said we should expect an April 2021 delivery. Dealer has indicated that the order has been received by Bennington, but we have not yet received any notification to confirm order configuration for production scheduling.

Kfinn, welcome to the Bennington family! With regard to the sound system, it really depends on your taste. Many folks are quite satisfied with the standard offering. However, if you have a more discerning ear, you might consider purchasing the upgrade as you'll also gain the ten year warranty on it. Of course, the other option is to do it yourself but that will likely involve running power cables, which while certainly not impossible, might involve some time and effort. Personally, I added a powered subwoofer which definitely improved my system, although I still dream of adding an amplifier some day.
I don't know the cost of a stereo upgrades from the dealer as ours was already at the dealership, we just upgraded the stereo and the hardware cost was $3500 and $750 for the install.

May I inquire: When did you order the boat and has the dealer provided you an order confirmation from Bennington? I ordered mine at the end of January and apparently the order has still not been confirmed. The dealer stated new orders are still being scheduled for April. Getting a bit worried.....
I ordered back in October but I didn't need the boat until April/May so my dealer tells me I am scheduled to be delivered in early April. Hasn't been built yet though. Hoping everything is on schedule including the VMAX 175.

I don't know the cost of a stereo upgrades from the dealer as ours was already at the dealership, we just upgraded the stereo and the hardware cost was $3500 and $750 for the install.
What brand did you go with out of curiosity?

24LXSB - ESP.125 - Blackout Luxe - Smokie Granite - Silver Accent Smooth
Motor TBD - Yamaha 300DEC or V8-350
I have a 22scwx SPS with 150HP with me in FLA now and the new boat will be for this summer back in Ohio. I'm super happy with our current boat and also very excited to get see this new boat perform.

We ordered our boat at the end of January also. At the time I was told it would be at least a month until we received the confirmation from Bennington. The lady that handles this at the dealer said that she was just getting confirmations in on boats that were ordered before Christmas.

First, I would like to apologize for the tardiness of this message. Second, thank you all for your help and advice last February. Without your suggestions our boat would not be as nice. We picked up our 24 LXSR with a Yamaha 150 at the end of July, about six weeks late, and launched it the first week of August. Due to family stuff we have not been able to use it as much a we would have liked. That will change.

I want to be official. The photos below were taken at our slip on Crystal Lake. We plan on trailering the boat to Lake Geneva and the Fox River regularly. This is why we went with a 24.

Attachments

• 6DDF87A4-C018-4980-AF59-955E7DF4EA2C.jpeg
    6DDF87A4-C018-4980-AF59-955E7DF4EA2C.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 562AABF5-CA4E-4657-8E5F-627A0B186263.jpeg
    562AABF5-CA4E-4657-8E5F-627A0B186263.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 3B6FF801-88B3-4D61-BAE3-0E565D88D52E.jpeg
    3B6FF801-88B3-4D61-BAE3-0E565D88D52E.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 43
First, I would like to apologize for the tardiness of this message. Second, thank you all for your help and advice last February. Without your suggestions our boat would not be as nice. We picked up our 24 LXSR with a Yamaha 150 at the end of July, about six weeks late, and launched it the first week of August. Due to family stuff we have not been able to use it as much a we would have liked. That will change.

I want to be official. The photos below were taken at our slip on Crystal Lake. We plan on trailering the boat to Lake Geneva and the Fox River regularly. This is why we went with a 24.
Congrats! That was a loooong wait!

Looks great!!

Very nice!!

Congrats!

Congratulations! Looks great!

Back