"Marine Grade" Southern Yellow Pine For Boat Lift Beds?

I've been looking for brackets/plates without success, where did you find yours?

Is there something special about the carpet or is it just regular indoor outdoor?

Thanks.
I have not purchased the brackets yet as I am still on a job.  If I cannot find any, I will buy flat plate steel large enough to stick out past my lift cross member and I will drill holes in it so the carraige bolts can just be bolted to them.

The carpet is actual marine bunk carpet

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmarine+bunk+carpet.TRS0&_nkw=marine+bunk+carpet&_sacat=0

Just an FYI, Hewitt offers full length aluminum / rubber bunks. My brother has a Hewitt for his tritoon. The aluminum bunks are great.

My only hang up now is how am I going to attach the 2"X10"X16' SYP planks to my 4"X6" galvanized cross beams, so far I am unable to find any suitable hardware and I don't want to drill holes in my cross beams?

Thanks for any leads....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI, Hewitt offers full length aluminum / rubber bunks. My brother has a Hewitt for his tritoon. The aluminum bunks are great.
I'm sure they're nice.

My only hang up now is how am I going to attach the 2"X10"X16' SYP planks to my 4"X6" galvanized cross beams, so far I am unable to find any suitable hardware and I don't want to drill holes in my cross beams?

Thanks for any leads....
I drilled holes in my cross beams, and used galvanized carriage bolts.  After 3 years, they're holding up well without any rusting. 

I'm in fresh water, and my frame and cross members are 4" channel steel--painted with oil base enamel heavily.  Because they're out of the water and under roof, no rusting is noted on them.

Thanks for any leads....
All you need is some flat steel that is wider than your cross beams and drill holes through the steel plate.  Then drill the holes in your bunks that are outside of the cross beams to line up with the holes in the steel plate.  Then just place your bolt down through to the steel plate and fasten.  You have just tightened your bunks to the cross beams without drilling through them, really simple process.

All you need is some flat steel that is wider than your cross beams and drill holes through the steel plate.  Then drill the holes in your bunks that are outside of the cross beams to line up with the holes in the steel plate.  Then just place your bolt down through to the steel plate and fasten.  You have just tightened your bunks to the cross beams without drilling through them, really simple process.
Thanks for the info. We were hoping to find pre made pieces t o reduce labor time on the job.

Does it make any sense to install carpet on my bunks/beds if my Benny tri-toon has the 1" solid keels, the only thing coming in contact with the lift bunks will be the keels?

Another downside of bunk carpet might be that it will retard drying time of the SYP after it gets dunked in the water each time the lift is used?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, ours has been out there since 2007. Still looks the same.

Back