Mooring cover

Mine is all snaps .I had originally ordered the "quick clips "

I talked to someone who has them .He talked me out if it 

I just applied snap stick to my snaps the other day.  I was honestly surprised how much it helped.

I have the most trouble now trying to get the quick clips out.

Did you try putting some sharkide on them? They should just self attach and detach after that. Kind of like power laces in Back to the Future.

Did you try putting some sharkide on them? They should just self attach and detach after that. Kind of like power laces in Back to the Future.

I bought the biggest clips that I could afford.  Nobody has ever wanted their cover less attached.

However, I can no longer use the clips after applying sharkhide, because I am afraid it will rub off from clipping into the rails. 

Our cover came with the "quick clips" and they seem pretty easy to use. The big question is whether they will do their job during a wind or rainstorm. Because we don't have the Sharkhide, we're just probably screwed anyway you look at it! ;)

We have had enough winds & storms to blow our dock slips free & crash into each other, snaps & cover never flinched....No Sharkhide.

Curious I thought the sharkhide was applied to the toons?

P.S. toon is on a lift in front of houseboats

Sounds like some serious winds. (The sharkhide comment was a joke!)

I'm retired, don't do it for time saving, Like to wipe down the seats with the dew and then 303 to clean up any residue such as suntan lotion and sweat. 

And beer .....  :D

Call me old fashioned,but I like my snaps. Also like using all the unclaimed chap sticks that I find on the boat when i'm cleaning. So who needs to ever buy snap lube? As for the full cover,it's made out of Sharkskin and it has handled hurricane Sandy and numerous noreasters'  that come up the coast. Not sure the quick clips would survive the wind. Just my opinion.

Our cover came with the "quick clips" and they seem pretty easy to use. The big question is whether they will do their job during a wind or rainstorm. Because we don't have the Sharkhide, we're just probably screwed anyway you look at it! ;)

If you just take a q-tip and rub some shark hide along the groove where the quick clips sit you'll be good! That's gotta be the answer!  :lol:

I purchased the individual seat covers and the full mooring covers as options.  I will use the full mooring cover for when leaving the boat for an extended period of time, and I have been using the seat covers when done for the day.  They are easy to put on and really do a great job.

Back