Need a new prop

Baron123

Reaction score
Hello,

Did a search and could not find the information I was looking for so thought I would ask the question straight up. I have a 2005 22'RL with a 115hp four stroke Yamaha on the back. The water level on the Chain 0 Lakes is down and my prop had its first argument with a large rock and needless to say,,the aluminum prop lost.

I believe the prop on the motor has a 15 pitch but I am not sure. It is the original from the factory. Does anyone have a recommendation for make, size and pitch that I need. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time and effort.

Steve

It should be stamped on the prop. I think it's usually marked based on diameter x pitch.

Look at your Prop nut the size and pitch of the prop should be listed there, there should be a number on the side of the prop and the last two digits should be the pitch.

If you were happy with the performance of this prop then by all means go back with the same prop.

Baron123, I believe without looking [cuz it is an hour away] my 2012 2275RL came with a 13.5 x 15 aluminum prop from the dealer. Hope this helps

Baron123, I believe without looking [cuz it is an hour away] my 2012 2275RL came with a 13.5 x 15 aluminum prop from the dealer. Hope this helps
Thanks for information. I went over to the Marina in the rain and scrubbed the prop and there is nothing on outside of the hub. Inside where the lock nut is is a circle with a K in the center and there is a 13K stamped on the support. Is the 13K the Pitch?

Thanks for information. I went over to the Marina in the rain and scrubbed the prop and there is nothing on outside of the hub. Inside where the lock nut is is a circle with a K in the center and there is a 13K stamped on the support. Is the 13K the Pitch?
Ordered the new prop and everything is set to go. Does anyone know what size nut is on the shaft that holds the prop on. My kit only goes up to 7/8.

You'll need to just go to your Yamaha dealer and purchase a new nut and washers, if needed. They're not something you can get at Home Depot due to using different metals that are used in marine use.

I believe it's 1 1/16".

Back