New Bennington Customer...Boat on order (2016 2575 RSB)

wiredup55

Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself and let you know how happy I am to have a new Bennington on order.   This is my first foray into pontoons.  I am selling a 25' chris craft to get this boat, as I have a young son, and want to be able to entertain more people and not have to worry about lifting the boat out of the water every time out.  I live on shallow water with a lift and will paint the bottom of the pontoons.  I have a large sport fishing boat I use most of the summer for offshore fishing and this is my diversion.  

Here are the specs, although we are trying to reconfigure a current model to better suite our needs.  We are trying to put a fixed horizontal table where the companion bench would be, then adding two chairs on the other side of the table facing aft (like bar stools).  We are ordering 2016 2575 RSB with the following:

Any input or thoughts are appreciated!

We are going today to finalize interior colors

- 300hp Yamaha with command link DEC

-Blacked out with midnight black canvas

-Electric Bimini Top

-Bow gate seat

-Reclining Helm chair with Bolster

-Kicker upgraded stereo

-Illuminated wet sound speaker upgrade

-power steering

-Saltwater anodes

-Dual switch Batteries

-Wavetamer Bow 3 upgrade

-LED- underwater, Bimini, cupholders, underwater

-Black rub rail insert

-Sharkhyde

-Pop up cleats

-Vapor graphic

-Bow table

-Platinum seagrass

-Aged teak aft flooring

-Center tube tank and ESP

-52" ski pyon

-In tube storage

-Seat Covers

-Upgraded pillow top upholstery

Last edited by a moderator:
I would drop the gate seat. No where to put it when not in use.

you cant hear the stereo over the sound of a 300 so why upgrade?

graphics are not my thing and when they start to peel you have a mess.

center tube storage?

Seagrass can accumulate dirt in the recesses. Consider vinyl flooring?

The pontoons are aluminum so you don't have to paint them

​Yesterday Noah Agenda posted the following; "I also picked up the electric bimini top as an option.  There's still quite a manual component to it, and I wouldn't waste my money"

If you like the LED lights I would be sure to have them on the bimini and my favorite, sidelights

I also agree with doing away with the "Bow Gate Seat .Mine now stays next to the port gate and my wife uses it for a foot rest .

I may leave it in the basement this season .

I also agree with doing away with the "Bow Gate Seat .Mine now stays next to the port gate and my wife uses it for a foot rest .

I may leave it in the basement this season .
You know Jack I do think that when the seat is in the bow it gives the front a much better look.  However the bow gate is really the only gate we use both getting on and off

Thank you for the responses.  I have the full seating u shape in my Chris Craft now and always use the front seating, that's the reason I wanted the bow seat.  I also think it completes the look, but really just for extra seating.   The only time I would board from the front is if I beach the boat.  

I really didn't want any bimini and much prefer the cladded sport arch, but due the RSB design, the only option is a bimini.  If I have to get a bimini, mine as well some LED's in it. 

You know Jack I do think that when the seat is in the bow it gives the front a much better look.  However the bow gate is really the only gate we use both getting on and off
I agree with you Mark on the looks .

My wife and any guests  board from the bow ,we also load our gear from the bow 

I would suggest you consider the raised helm option as the extra height really helps when docking.

Jack

Amen on raised helm. Missed that

WRT bow seat, on the pontoon floor plan you picked every time you beach it people will go off thru the bow gate. When you anchor out and swim, you have and platform bow for swimming.

You will be constantly dealing with where to put it.

Also, plan for a Garmin 740 series.

Amen on raised helm. Missed that

WRT bow seat, on the pontoon floor plan you picked every time you beach it people will go off thru the bow gate. When you anchor out and swim, you have and platform bow for swimming.

You will be constantly dealing with where to put it.

Also, plan for a Garmin 740 series.
Yeah, we may find we use the bow gate less than I anticipate, at which case we will move it to the side gate or keep it off the boat.  I still would rather have the option to use it or not which is why it's on the list.   

Interesting point on the raised helm.  The dealer really didn't mention it and on all his demos and existing boats they are non-existent. I thought maybe that was for older models with different helm chairs.   I may ask him about that option. 

Wiredup, FYI the bow seat is not an exact fit should you move it to the side gate, there will be a couple of inches gap

We have a 2250 GSR...we have the bow seat and use it just about every time we go out. I think it does complete a good looking bow seating arrangement. When beaching, we move the bow seat to the side. It's nice to always have the option for another seat. Totally agree on raised helm. Gives a better view when under way and does make docking easier. We have full sea grass and have no issue keeping it clean. I consider the in-tube storage a must-have option. The thing is huge - it swallows skis, wake boards, ropes, bumpers, etc. Finally ...I don't see a ski pylon on your list. Maybe it's standard on the R now? If not, you gotta have one.

Wiredup, looks like you're well on your way to having an awesome boat.  Congrats, and welcome!

I think seagrass is fantastic! I would definitely support the speaker upgrade. I am sure you will hear them fine. For us, music totally adds to the experience. I do agree with the raised helm and the bow seat. Good luck, sounds like a great boat!

Another plus 1 on the raised helm 

Plus 2 on raised helm.

Pretty much perfect build. Electric Bimini is great and looks great because you don't have support poles detracting from look. When it's In the boot in almost looks like a reverse arch. My only tips for electric Bimini is lower the bimini all the way before removing boot cover and if the Bimini is all the way lowered and you want to raise it withe boot on, gently assist the motors by manually lifting up from underneath until it 25% raised. When covering the boat by myself, I've used a playpen pole to activate the switch while I lift under the boot. I only say this because I had power arms strip out (Bennington replaced them). I don't think raised helm is available with a bolstered helm chair as you would raise the bolster to sit with additional height. I would favor the bolster because it also allows you to stand which is best for docking. In floor center tube storage? Bow gate - just order it. If you find its I the way you can always throw it in the garage but at least you'll have it. We use the bow gate 95% of the time. It just saves trying to manage negotiate narrow wobbly finger piers etc. Enjoy!

Oh and sea grass is awesome. Sounds def worth it too. Only time you may not hear perfectly is if your screaming around at full throttle. And when I drive at full throttle it's usually for 1 minute. Otherwise I'm puttin or cruising listening to good music thru a great sound system!

Pretty much perfect build. Electric Bimini is great and looks great because you don't have support poles detracting from look. When it's In the boot in almost looks like a reverse arch. My only tips for electric Bimini is lower the bimini all the way before removing boot cover and if the Bimini is all the way lowered and you want to raise it withe boot on, gently assist the motors by manually lifting up from underneath until it 25% raised. When covering the boat by myself, I've used a playpen pole to activate the switch while I lift under the boot. I only say this because I had power arms strip out (Bennington replaced them). I don't think raised helm is available with a bolstered helm chair as you would raise the bolster to sit with additional height. I would favor the bolster because it also allows you to stand which is best for docking. In floor center tube storage? Bow gate - just order it. If you find its I the way you can always throw it in the garage but at least you'll have it. We use the bow gate 95% of the time. It just saves trying to manage negotiate narrow wobbly finger piers etc. Enjoy!
Thanks man!   You've pretty much nailed what I'm trying to do.  Like I had said, I originally didn't want a bimini, wanted a sport arch, but can't be done with this configuration and the dealer showed my how nice the power bimini is.  

I am getting the in the tube storage, and the 52' ski pylon.   I love driving standing up (do it all the time on my flybridge sport fisher) and wanted the bolster seat to be able to raise, sit on or stand.   I am going to ask about the ability to add that chair to a raised helm as everyone has suggested, but not sure it can be done with the new raised and adjustable captains chairs that are new this year. 

We have a 2250 GSR...we have the bow seat and use it just about every time we go out. I think it does complete a good looking bow seating arrangement. When beaching, we move the bow seat to the side. It's nice to always have the option for another seat. Totally agree on raised helm. Gives a better view when under way and does make docking easier. We have full sea grass and have no issue keeping it clean. I consider the in-tube storage a must-have option. The thing is huge - it swallows skis, wake boards, ropes, bumpers, etc. Finally ...I don't see a ski pylon on your list. Maybe it's standard on the R now? If not, you gotta have one.
Thanks, we are getting the in tube storage and 52" ski pylon. I think one size or the other is standard now. 

Back