New Bimini Canvas

Some pics after finishing the sewing.  Still need to add straps & snaps to hold it tight to the frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice !!

Wow!! You're talented :)  Nice job!

That Bimini really stands out; nice work. Nice touch for an awesome boat.

I'm impressed Dan.

Love that two tone look!

Thanks for the compliments!

Just starting to sew a matching replacement aft bimini.

Let us know when you are accepting orders.  That looks wonderful.

I am still waiting for the replacement part for my sewing machine!!!!!  Decided to repair the original part.  Solder is a wonderful thing!!!!

Finished the aft bimini tonight.  Need to attach snaps to the forward frame and then both biminis are done.

The next project will be to make a boot to cover the forward bimini.  I will use the fabric from the original bimini for this.

Here are some pictures of both biminis.

That looks great! As if you didn't stand out already; way to top an already awesome pontoon.

Looks better from the outside!

Very nice. You do awesome work!

That is very impressive! Well done 

Wow Dan, I am impressed, especially when I think I remembered you saying you did not sew prior to this

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys!

Wow Dan, I am impressed, especially when I think I remembered you saying you did not sew prior to this
Link - you remembered correctly.   It's amazing what a person can learn from on-line videos.  Having the right tools to do a job is also important to a project's success.

With all of the sewing tools that I bought for this one, I might have been better to pay a canvas guy.  I still have some additional large projects on the horizon that will pay for the tools,

Glad it all turned out. I'd be sick the entire time hoping it was going to turn out. We have the fabric to redo some dining room chair cushions but haven't had the guts to start yet. So when is the wood esp toon going under it? You should also get one of the new etec motors and have them do a wood grain paint scheme!

Here is an aft view of the Bimini.  This is a view I never see.

Back