New Boat Does Not Sit Level

ibcleve

Reaction score
Got my new 23SSBXP and noticed it sits very low in the back. The picture below shows it next to the level dock. The back sits low with a 115HP motor on a quarter tank of gas. No objects are in the rear storage areas so I am at a loss on why it looks like it is going down the river sitting still. The second picture is of it being launched the first time and it was obvious then. Any recommendations to make it sit level?P1170378.JPG P1170217.JPG

Alicedream

Reaction score
That looks fairly normal to me. What size motor do you have on the back?

adkboater

Reaction score
What type of toon set up is on there? That could explain a lot.

Jack M

Reaction score
View media item 7289That looks normal . I have 150 ,mine sits low in the stern also .
You also have the weight of the Swingback

Mike31406

Reaction score
I also have a 150 and it sits similar to yours.

kaydano

Reaction score
You want it pointing up a little.

You don't want it to nosedive into a wave or wake.

If it really bothers you, think about what it would do at full capacity with the weight of all those people up front. It needs to be that way, or you'd submerge it on acceleration.

kaydano

Reaction score
For most people, it's normal for a car to be jacked up in the back.

For people new to boating, it may seem backwards, but it's normal, if not critical, that a boat be "jacked up" in front.

Michiman

Reaction score
I'd agree with the responses above; your Benny sits in the water just like mine, stern low. Actually, I think most boats are designed that way except for perhaps a barge.

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
It also helps for water drainage off the deck.

Nautical

Reaction score
Center tube storage makes is a little more pronounced because they shift the fuel tank farther to the rear.

cwag911

Reaction score
Looks like a 2 tube boat which doesn't help with bouyancy.

RodEarl74

Reaction score
Looks normal to me!

Dev75

Reaction score
NYS Finger Lakes Region - Skaneateles Lake
I have a 22SSX (2 tubes) with a Yamaha 115 and mine sits the same way. This seems normal.

w5pfg

Reaction score
A 115HP, I went with a smaller HP to prevent the the lower stern but it appears to not work.

It's tough to counter putting 300-400 pounds on the stern. Published weights on the Yamaha show the 150 HP to be about 100 pounds more than the 115 HP. Not sure about other brands. I think your bow looks ready to tackle some wave action.

Jim Rampello

Reaction score
I have a 50Hp on mine sits the same way, 5"-6" lower in the back.

TexAgg56

Reaction score
pretty much normal. It really shouldn't be exactly "Zero bubble level". Looks like a nice ride. ENJOY!

ibcleve

Reaction score
Got my new 23SSBXP and noticed it sits very low in the back. The picture below shows it next to the level dock. The back sits low with a 115HP motor on a quarter tank of gas. No objects are in the rear storage areas so I am at a loss on why it looks like it is going down the river sitting still. The second picture is of it being launched the first time and it was obvious then. Any recommendations to make it sit level?View attachment 22922 View attachment 22923

I appreciate all the responses, much more than I thought so "thank you" to everyone. It bothers me enough to try and put some bags of sand in the front storage compartments to see if I can get it more level. I'll share what happens!