New Boat Does Not Sit Level

ibcleve

Reaction score
Got my new 23SSBXP and noticed it sits very low in the back. The picture below shows it next to the level dock. The back sits low with a 115HP motor on a quarter tank of gas. No objects are in the rear storage areas so I am at a loss on why it looks like it is going down the river sitting still. The second picture is of it being launched the first time and it was obvious then. Any recommendations to make it sit level?P1170378.JPG P1170217.JPG

That looks fairly normal to me. What size motor do you have on the back?

What type of toon set up is on there? That could explain a lot.

View media item 7289That looks normal . I have 150 ,mine sits low in the stern also .
You also have the weight of the Swingback

I also have a 150 and it sits similar to yours.

You want it pointing up a little.

You don't want it to nosedive into a wave or wake.

If it really bothers you, think about what it would do at full capacity with the weight of all those people up front. It needs to be that way, or you'd submerge it on acceleration.

For most people, it's normal for a car to be jacked up in the back.

For people new to boating, it may seem backwards, but it's normal, if not critical, that a boat be "jacked up" in front.

I'd agree with the responses above; your Benny sits in the water just like mine, stern low. Actually, I think most boats are designed that way except for perhaps a barge.

It also helps for water drainage off the deck.

Center tube storage makes is a little more pronounced because they shift the fuel tank farther to the rear.

Looks like a 2 tube boat which doesn't help with bouyancy.

Looks normal to me!

I have a 22SSX (2 tubes) with a Yamaha 115 and mine sits the same way. This seems normal.

A 115HP, I went with a smaller HP to prevent the the lower stern but it appears to not work.

It's tough to counter putting 300-400 pounds on the stern. Published weights on the Yamaha show the 150 HP to be about 100 pounds more than the 115 HP. Not sure about other brands. I think your bow looks ready to tackle some wave action.

I have a 50Hp on mine sits the same way, 5"-6" lower in the back.

pretty much normal. It really shouldn't be exactly "Zero bubble level". Looks like a nice ride. ENJOY!

Got my new 23SSBXP and noticed it sits very low in the back. The picture below shows it next to the level dock. The back sits low with a 115HP motor on a quarter tank of gas. No objects are in the rear storage areas so I am at a loss on why it looks like it is going down the river sitting still. The second picture is of it being launched the first time and it was obvious then. Any recommendations to make it sit level?View attachment 22922 View attachment 22923

I appreciate all the responses, much more than I thought so "thank you" to everyone. It bothers me enough to try and put some bags of sand in the front storage compartments to see if I can get it more level. I'll share what happens!

Back