New Boat Does Not Sit Level

Why would you put unnecessary weight on the boat? You're wasting your time. Take the boat out and enjoy it.

Having the bow a little higher also helps protect you from taking a wave over and denting your panel! As said before, it's not a barge. Think about what would happen if your water skis were flat.....a lot of broken noses!! :)

Forget the sand, find some friends to come out. That’ll level it out.... ;)

Last edited:
between the fuel, battery(s) and motor in the back it will sit like that. Totally normal. I'm sure google has a million images that will confirm this as well. Adding weight up front won't do anything but appease OCD.

Big NO to the Sand bags. Do that and we will be hearing. How your fuel consumption went up or How you lost M.P.H. You will also have to get a new trailer and lift or take bags out each time you transport or put it on lift. Be level headed.

Last edited:
Been around boats most of my life. I have never seen any boat with a motor on the stern sit level. I have never seen one in motion, level. Go to a boat storage facility and walk around looking at the water marks, that should convince you your boat is perfectly normal. What you don’t want to see is a tilt to one side or another with no one on board. This could be from a toon that is taking on water due to a hole or crack. Don’t over think this, JUST ENJOY one of the best ways to spend time with your family, On the water in your Benny.

I appreciate all the responses, much more than I thought so "thank you" to everyone. It bothers me enough to try and put some bags of sand in the front storage compartments to see if I can get it more level. I'll share what happens!

I think it will bother you more when waves wash over your bow. Don't do it!

I second and third the above comments. Enjoy your boat as it is. Have a great Summer.

Looks great

Got my new 23SSBXP and noticed it sits very low in the back. The picture below shows it next to the level dock. The back sits low with a 115HP motor on a quarter tank of gas. No objects are in the rear storage areas so I am at a loss on why it looks like it is going down the river sitting still. The second picture is of it being launched the first time and it was obvious then. Any recommendations to make it sit level?View attachment 22922 View attachment 22923
I have added 400 pounds of sand to the front and got the bow lowered some. I think it looks better, any thoughts?P1170821.JPG

I think it looks fine if it’s just you and a few other people on your boat but I’m sure it will effect your over performance. And if you do get a load of people on your boat, it seems like a pain in the ass to unload all the sand. Think you’re obsessing over nothing. Just enjoy your beautiful boat!

Maybe add a little Prozac for your OCD instead ;)

I have added 400 pounds of sand to the front and got the bow lowered some. I think it looks better, any thoughts?View attachment 23019
Agree with Rick. Get 4 people sitting in front of you and it will even out on its own. The concern with adding that weight up front is that you can submarine the front end pretty easy and take water over the bow.

Agree with Rick. Get 4 people sitting in front of you and it will even out on its own. The concern with adding that weight up front is that you can submarine the front end pretty easy and take water over the bow.
Agreed, and I’ve seen many dented front panels from taking water over the bow!

400 lbs of sand??? Sorry but I can’t help myself. Maybe try this, remove the large grey weight off of the stern, sell it, and just hire someone to tow the now level boat around the lake. I apologize for my sarcasm! I just don’t get what’s wrong. The bigger the motor the more nose high the bow rides. Your boat looks great (Without the sand) just looks heavier with 400 lbs of unnecessary sand in the bow.

Back