New boat ordered today!!!

Nap22

Reaction score
Today we officially traded in our 2007 Crownline 240 EX for our new Bennington. Below Is the specs we went with. One option they offered to us that I am leaning towards is the extended warranty on the Mercury Fourstroke motor, it comes standard with a 3 yr full warranty and I can add 2 yrs for a total of 5 yrs full warranty for an additional $290. We are excited to be joining the Bennington family and can't wait for next spring.

2013 2275 GCW

150 hp Mercury Fourstroke

SPS package

In floor storage

Bronze panels with java Baja graphics

Java monochrome interior

Mocha palm carpet

Raised helm

Upgraded radio with USB port

Bow Gate seat

Stern lounge upgrade

LED Bimini lighting

LED cup holder lighting

Stern lounge upgrade

LED docking lights

Heavy duty rub rail

Solid keels

Ski pylon

Dual batteries

GPS speedo

Echo 100 Harmon depth gauge

Hydraulic steering

Pillow top cushions

2013 black powder coated Yacht club trailer with swing tongue, spare tire

I don't think there are many other options I could have selected. Now it's a waiting game.

Kevin H.

Congrats, that looks great. You're gonna love it!

We're finalizing ours as well, so we'll be in the same waiting game. We went over to the dealer today to look at the all the new 2013 flooring and fabric samples. It really makes your head spin :rolleyes:

Sounds great guys, and don't forget the power steering. B)

I really thought about the power steering quite a bit and came to the conclusion that I would wait and try it without power steering. Knowing that it can be added at any time led to my decision. Maybe trying the boat without power assist will make me appreciate it more if I do add it later. The dealer also said that he would not order it on a 150 hp motor. Time will tell on that one.

I really thought about the power steering quite a bit and came to the conclusion that I would wait and try it without power steering. Knowing that it can be added at any time led to my decision. Maybe trying the boat without power assist will make me appreciate it more if I do add it later. The dealer also said that he would not order it on a 150 hp motor. Time will tell on that one.
If you are a cruiser, probably not a big deal, but if you are a tuber/skier, you may be sorry by waiting and installing later, and I'm sure it will be cheaper to do it now rather than later......plus down time to install, taking back to dealer...etc.......

Oh yeah, congrats on the purchase, sounds awesome !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and welcome to the club. You've spec'd out a Greta boat. I have a 2275 RLI with ESP and 150 with only the hydraulic steering and have no issues with steering. I do a lot of tubing and skiing also. The ESP really turns great. Granted, I have not driven one with the power assist so can't really compare to. Maybe someone else can verify this, but me dealer told me that with the power assist, the steering wheel has to make revolutions for the same results. Either way, your going to love your boat.

I've found my SeaStar steering to get a little hard in a tight turn over 30 mph. Otherwise, it turns pretty easily. Our lake is very wide, and we don't get into too many tight high speed turns. People doing water sports in small rivers would need p/s.

Wait until delivery to think about the Extended Service Plan. Mercury often promos 2 extra years warranty during the selling year.

You're really going to enjoy this boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bout time nappy... Looks like good specs. Should be a fun boating season ahead... Just as long as talk mrs into going to Mississippi versus dirty/boring rock river... Welcome to the family....

Tad

Gonna be a nice ride Nap. I would secure the other 2 years of warranty for $290. Enjoy!

Gonna be a nice ride Nap. I would secure the other 2 years of warranty for $290. Enjoy!
I agree, $290 is a great price, my Yamaha extra warranty for 2 additional years was around $1500, luckily they had a promo on and it was free.

I still like the power steering, not quite sure what someone was meaning by full revolutions to turn, I turn the wheel and the motor turns, pretty simple. I do love it. Did you do any addition to the speakers? ie; the Wet Sounds? Sounds like a great build, you'll love it!

Derrick

Derrick,

The "more revolutions" my dealer told me about is the fact that if you would normally turn the wheel lets say 5 revolutions to achieve a full turn, then it would take let's say 9 revolutions for the same full turn with the power assist. Again, this is just what I was told, I have no idea if this is true or not.

Not true. It doesn't change anything, but it makes it a heck of a lot easier. Worth every penny.

I agree with the warranty, it's really a no brainier I think. Especially for a motor that I thin just came out last year.

Power assist will be determined after we use our Bennington for the first year and see how it works with our boating style.

As far as the speakers go, I thought kickers were the best they had. I don't remember seeing any upgrade. I was however going to try and find the model of kicker speakers that are in the boat and see about adding an amp or whatever to give it an extra kick. I am not too savvy on stereo stuff but I have time to do a little research.

Tad, we will definitely spend more time over on the Mississippi next year.

Thanks guys!!!!

As far as the speakers go, I thought kickers were the best they had. I don't remember seeing any upgrade. I was however going to try and find the model of kicker speakers that are in the boat and see about adding an amp or whatever to give it an extra kick. I am not too savvy on stereo stuff but I have time to do a little research.
Talk to your salesman about factory amp/sub along with wet sounds option, then audio will have same warranty as boat (7 years). No aftermarket stereo can offer that!

Looking at some older posts about snap out carpet. My question is that we will be keeping our boat in a slip and will be covering it each time when we are done. Would we be better off having the full vinyl floor with snap out carpet in case the carpet gets soaked and we won't be able to let it fully air dry before putting the playpen cover on? It's an option that we went back and forth on and ended up leaving it out and upgraded to the pillow top instead. Now I am second guessing my decision with the carpet.

If I were storing it at home I would not be concerned but leaving it in a slip I wonder if the snap out carpet would be a better way to go.

Thoughts?

If you don't have a boat lift with a canopy over it, the cover is going to let some water in at times. It helps to just leave the gates open front and rear so air flows through, even with the cover on.

By the way, now that they have the full length Seagrass flooring option on the boat builder, our dealer suggested maybe going with that and deciding later to get the snap in if we decided we needed it. He said he could order it and do the snap install at the dealership at any time.

No lift and no canopy. Playpen will be the only thing protecting the boat. May have to call the dealer tomorrow and change that option, we'll have to sleep on it tonight.

I've heard that people with the snap in carpet never get around to snapping it in. They're satisfied with the vinyl floor all the time for the ease of maintenance. That's approx. $1K savings???

EBay has the Teleflex power steering pumps from time to time at much cheaper prices than at a dealership or thru the manufacturer--even after installation. They appear relatively easy to install, but have to be bled. And two batteries and a Perko switch are needed for power hungry pumps, if your boat doesn't have them.

Back