New Member - Soon to be New Bennington Owner

kcman

Reaction score
Have been following this forum with interest for the last few weeks.  We made our purchase of our first pontoon boat the 3rd week of July and I am now waiting for confirmation on the build date (tenatively scheduled for 27 August).  Details on my build:

2015 22 SLX

Vinyl floor

25HP motor (we are on a no-wake lake)

Accent panel

G Series Helm Chair

Chrome Logos

As you can see, it is not an elaborate build and actually pretty basic compared to many of the member on this forum, but for us, it is great as it will be our first boat and we are looking forward to years of enjoyment.  By the way, I confirmed with my dealer that this will be a 2015 build to include the extended bow and radius bow seats.  I will post some pics once we have delivery.

Congratulations, you will have many fond memories and great times. Stan

Welcome to the Family !!!

Very nice!  B)

We just picked up ours last week.  It was worth the wait.  And lots of good information/suggestions here on the message board so post all of your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! This has been our first season owning a pontoon boat too & it's nice to be able to have somewhere to turn to no matter how small the question. You'll find that whatever you may need advice on the folks on this forum happily try to answer, & in no time flat. Congratulations and welcome aboard!! :)

Congrats on your soon-to-be pontoon!  Welcome to the family!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing the seats!

Welcome to the addiction!! Hey Semper, now you have someone to drag race with!! Hehe just bugging guys

Welcome aboard! We've now logged over 70 outings on our Bennington, and I actually get more excited each time we go out than the last time! The early trips were a little stressful worrying about not knowing something that would put family and friends in danger, but between gaining experience with each outing and reading this forum religiously, it gets more fun every time we go out. You will love your new boat! Just be careful on your first trips and try not to stress about stuff. Definitely take an online safety course if you haven't. Good luck and happy floating!

Welcome to the addiction!! Hey Semper, now you have someone to drag race with!! Hehe just bugging guys
Our combined WOT speeds are you guys slow cruise speeds .... Lol !!!

welcome aboard !!!  you can't help but to have fun on the water now.  looking forward to pics!

Welcome and congratulations in your purchase

Definitely take an online safety course if you haven't. Good luck and happy floating!
Great tip.  We have not done this yet but I just bookmarked an online safety course and plan on taking it before the boat arrives. 

Also, for those looking for excitement -- Semper and I will likely be setting up a drag race with our overpowered 20 & 25HP motors.  Don't worry about getting to the race late as it will probably take us a long time to complete the 1/4 mile :)

Does a 20 or 25hp put out a wake at full throttle?? Just messing with you guys. It's not about the hp hanging off the back of the boat, its about the good looking girls on the boat!

Actually my 20hp does kick up a pretty good wake, well for as much as a 20hp can........ :)

Great tip.  We have not done this yet but I just bookmarked an online safety course and plan on taking it before the boat arrives. 

Also, for those looking for excitement -- Semper and I will likely be setting up a drag race with our overpowered 20 & 25HP motors.  Don't worry about getting to the race late as it will probably take us a long time to complete the 1/4 mile :)
You'll be surprised at what these little motors will move. My 22RLi will do between 10-12 so I'm betting you'll hit 12-14 on a S as it's lighter. You'll have to be at 1/4 throttle for no wake.

AND YOU WILL LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK cruising around all day long on a couple gallons of gas.

Take that all you high HP gas hoggers !!! LOL !!!!

The biggest wake off my boat is actually at a pretty slow speed.  Never really looked, but I'd guess 10 mph wouldn't be far off.  And with the motor trimmed way up to pull the front up and make the back end sink into the water.  The faster I go, the smaller the wake.

By the way, I confirmed with my dealer that this will be a 2015 build to include the extended bow and radius bow seats.  I will post some pics once we have delivery.
Wise move. Enjoy your boat.

Back