Photos!

Oh man.......Glad all is well!

Glad all is ok. My wife reminds me that I can't do what I used to do 20 years ago..........................and usually I don't listen.    :D    I do take health scares a little more seriously now since the blood clot and cancer stuff that's happened. Kinda like scuba diving, always go with a buddy.

I figured the dogs ate dog food and the four burgers were what sent you to the ER. Just kidding.

Awesome photos. I can't believe you stayed out on the boat overnight and woke up with ice all over the boat. You should get some kind of dedicated Benny boater award or something.

Any new photos from anyone? With this sub zero weather I am in desperate need of some.

It's ok to lower your standards for us. Is there such a thing as a bad benny photo?

Tried to process this into something decent without blowing out the sky or making it look unrealistic. Not sure I succeeded, but at least it brings back some good memories. Just before the sun came up at a campsite last August in Glen Canyon. Probably 45 miles from the nearest civilization/marina and many miles from the nearest other humans. Good times in the benny. :)   

IMG_0719.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You succeeded.  What software do you use for photo enhancement?

Thinking about adding a 6 pack? I promise that is the last one!

Great photos Nick! It is so nice having someone who shares awesome photos and gets along with everyone.

then I would have a 12-pack lakeliving, you've seen the photos

Well played!!!

You succeeded.  What software do you use for photo enhancement?
Thanks! That one was edited in Aperture, but I've switched to Adobe Lightroom for everything taken this year on. Aperture was nice a few years ago but Apple let it languish and eventually die (no more updates coming). 

bcpnick, I want my pictures to look better but I am not interested in a big learning curve and I have a feeling that Adobe Lightroom would be just that.  Could you suggest some software that is more or less a one-click "enhance" with a few options

Yeah, Lightroom is not for most. It excels with RAW images, so most people's JPEG files won't get much out of it. Are you on a Mac or a Windows computer?

My camera has settings that allow you to shoot Raw, jpeg or both.  When I first got it I tried both; I then tried to enhance the raw but they rarely came out any better than the jpeg did with a one-touch enhancement.  Course the problem could be I have no talent in photography and truthfully don't want to deal with a learning curve so what do I really expect

I've got a bunch that didn't make the cut when I was processing photos last year...

IMG_0157.jpg
That motor looks huge! I'm sure it is...

There's something about a boat with a bunch of fishing rods sticking up in the air. Looks awesome!

Back