Picking up our 1st Bennington Friday!!

Congrats. Good luck. Enjoy.

There is a green and yellow South Bay on one of the local lakes. He's got it finished off with Bison decals!
Pics!

Congrats. Enjoy that new boat smell!!

Congratulations!!! Nice boat!

Boy oh Boy, I remember the day the dealer called and told me my boat came in. Very exciting.

Yeah, I'm fairly tall also and if the rail was there I'd have to stick my legs through it to lay down. Probably wouldn't be very comfortable.
Agree! I'm 6'3" and am glad we don't have the railing for the same reason. I think it's easier to move around in the back without the railing.

Around here (Bowling Green, Ky) there is an extremely limited supply of boats ever since covid. This one was in stock and we wouldn't have to wait until July to get back on the water. I do like not having the railing though so we can sit on the back of the lounger and talk to people in the water.
we didn’t get the railing because we enjoy floa out in the middle of the lake and swimming off the rear of the boat. We sit there and watch our grandkids swim. If it had the railing the swing back would be pretty useless.

We have the railing and love it! Different strokes for different folks. On the rare occasions when we want to sit on the very end of the swing-back, we sit with our legs under the rail. However, we didn’t get a swing-back to sit in it like a chair, so this is rare for us. We prefer to lay out on it, so no worries about having our railing. It helps that we are not a tall family. It allows us to have people legally lay out/sit back there when underway - illegal in our state without the railing. Since we are not a very big or tall family, it is less intrusive to us. I also like using it to hold onto when seas are rough, but I’m standing on the back messing with something.

That's why we chose not to add it, we felt it was confining and would be in the way, we would rather give up the option of riding on the lounger than give up the option of sitting on the edge of it. Most people seem to feel differently though from what I've seen.
I did not order it with mine, I have two dogs and they said NO. We play in the water all the time and it would be in the way. In Iowa we don’t need it to ride in the back, or on our lake I’m told.

Back