Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

My wife absolutely hates the cold so I don't see one in my future!

C0AD498E-4DD6-4919-85C8-C3953111D741_zpsilziwssf.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000208_zpsbwq9giq3.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000002FB_zpsibpo8k1w.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000391_zpscxuxd3dv.jpg

IMG_4336_zps9ee7rdbp.jpg

Nice assortment of toys there TroyBoy!

Randy,
What kind?
I have a Phantom 1, Phantom 2+, and just grabbed a Hubsan H501S. The Hubsan has great reviews for a cheaper quad.

I got a beginner drone. I’m fixing to upgrade pretty soon. I didn’t want to cry very much every time I crashed a better one. This one has hit trees, fences, roof top, etc. I’m definitely getting better at operating it. I’m thinking about one that I can confidently use while boating. Would love to get those good shots of us enjoying our boat, from a little ways away.

2E5C76C2-0CC8-481F-9E13-F7ACF74FD1B5.png

I just took a look at the Hubsan that you mentioned. That one strikes my interest. I put it on my wish list for this spring. Might be just the one I get. I like the 20 min. Flight time, and the gps, return to me feature. Also the follow me and circle me features for the boat rides.

I just took a look at the Hubsan that you mentioned. That one strikes my interest. I put it on my wish list for this spring. Might be just the one I get. I like the 20 min. Flight time, and the gps, return to me feature. Also the follow me and circle me features for the boat rides.

Yeah, I’ve done a fair amount of research on it. It’s not DJI, but it doesn’t cost near as much either. Get the “high” version if you order one. Controller has better distance. I have both .... lol!! I’m going to mod my standard controller with aftermarket antennas and see how it compares to the better controller. The FAA has made it a real PITA. Where I use to fly there’s an 2 airports and 6 heliports that I would have to notify to fly, and this is at 1-200’ high. I’ll just drive somewhere outside the radius .... the purple dot in the middle is where I flew.
I found if I go to the east end of our lake, I’m outside the zones there .... ;)

C27EEA8E-6569-41EB-8737-A4C3DBCC7A77.jpeg

If your budget allows it, look at the DJI series. The Spark is pretty cool, but sucky flight time. The Phantom series is like Bennington. One for every budget. DJI is very strict in software though. Some won’t even arm if near airports.
The one thing I REALLY like about the DJI Phantom One and the Hubsan is they use regular lipos. Other products use proprietary batteries which are typically costly. I will have 7-8 batteries for my Hubsan. Without even charging, that’s 2-1/2 hours flying time. Time to mod one for water to takeoffs!!! :D

If you've used yours while on the boat, do you get antsy about it dropping into the water? I want to take shots/vids of us using out boat.

I have not used it over water (yet), but if you do use it over deep water get one of these. Just hook it to the leg. If it goes for a drink it will probably fry the electronics and battery but everything else is salvageable.
https://www.getterback.com/
You can also use some foam pipe wrap or floaty foam to make floats for it and take off/land on the water.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I can go to Walmart and buy 4 styrofoam balls and rubber bands for $5 ...... :p

But if you have that DJI Mavic, you BETTER be using something over water!!

8D73F028-5B30-4324-853D-AF38ACB8EFEC.jpeg Here’s the Hubsan I’m waiting to get del’d USPS sucks .....been a week from 1 state away??????

With the Hubsan, nice thing is, if it crashes and you still had contact, you can type in the gps coordinates (shown on bottom of remote) on google maps and pinpoint its location and hopefully retrieve it.

I’m getting excited to upgrade!

With the Hubsan, nice thing is, if it crashes and you still had contact, you can type in the gps coordinates (shown on bottom of remote) on google maps and pinpoint its location and hopefully retrieve it.

That is a feature those boys needed on their rocket in the movie October Sky!!!

Back