Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

Been looking at getting a Ford Expedition Max with a 3.5L V6 w/twin turbos that produces 400hp to replace our last Expedition we had for 15 yrs. But I just wanted something different. So I started looking at full size trucks with a crew cab. Test drove them all and this is what won out. A 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn edition crew cab with the Night package! 5.7L V8 Hemi...... View attachment 34060View attachment 34061View attachment 34062View attachment 34063View attachment 34064View attachment 34065
Very nice!!! We have been a "Ford" family for many years but recently purchased a Dodge Ram 1500 as well. So far so good :) Ford is just a little too proud of their vehicles, couldn't justify the $$$.

Very nice!!! We have been a "Ford" family for many years but recently purchased a Dodge Ram 1500 as well. So far so good :) Ford is just a little too proud of their vehicles, couldn't justify the $$$.
It came down to an F-150 and this RAM. Very similar with the same equipment. We just liked the interior so much better than the Ford. Plus they threw all kinds of rebates and incentives at us! Ha!

I am more jealous of your garage size. My 20'x20' garage can't fit a full size truck in it.
Thx! It's a 3 car garage with 2 doors! Not sure if you can see the car to the right! It is 40"x 26'. Lots of room! My tractor is in the front of the car to the right....

Thx! It's a 3 car garage with 2 doors! Not sure if you can see the car to the right! It is 40"x 26'. Lots of room! My tractor is in the front of the car to the right....
How do I insert the "Middle Finger" emoji here? lol I got 4 cars and a 20x20 garage.. One goes into storage for the winter, Wrangler and Altima get the garage and truck sits outside. Something will have to change when i buy my Florida/Retirement house

Last edited:
I was never into the Dodge Ram pickups until the last couple years. The more recent body style tweaks REALLY look good comparatively to other models IMHO. Nice Ride Daril!!!

I was eyeing a new/recent model year Dodge 1500 Rebel edition pickups the past few months before deciding to hold off and remain mid-size SUV for awhile longer.

I think yours with the night package is super sharp! I hear they are the most comfortable full size truck currently, and I believe ranked top among full size trucks in either 2021 or 22 by MotorTrend.

How do I insert the "Middle Finger" emoji here? lol I got 4 cars and a 20x20 garage.. One goes into storage for the winter, Wrangler and Altima get the garage and truck sits outside. Something will have to change when i buy my Florida/Retirement house
When you build your home in Florida just have the builder build you an oversized garage to fit everything! My current neighborhood does not allow sheds so it had to be big enough to fit all my stuff! My 3 car garage at my last house in Virginia was 30x20. Still got 3 vehicles in there but it was tight!

I was never into the Dodge Ram pickups until the last couple years. The more recent body style tweaks REALLY look good comparatively to other models IMHO. Nice Ride Daril!!!

I was eyeing a new/recent model year Dodge 1500 Rebel edition pickups the past few months before deciding to hold off and remain mid-size SUV for awhile longer.

I think yours with the night package is super sharp! I hear they are the most comfortable full size truck currently, and I believe ranked top among full size trucks in either 2021 or 22 by MotorTrend.
Thx! Our dealership had a few Rebels in the lot. They really standout! They start getting up there in price though! We test drove a couple Silverados, a couple Sierras, an F150 and 2 Rams. We really liked the Sierra! The interior and the ride was comparable to the Ram but it had a 2.7L 4 cylinder with a turbo that produced 310hp! Chevrolet/GMC was really pushing that engine! I just couldn't see a 4 cylinder in a full size truck! I asked for a 5.3L V8 in that same model/color but they didn't have any. The F150 was comparable and it came with their flagship 3.5L V6 with twin turbos that produces 375hp! That truck was a rocket and ran great! But the exterior/ interior/upholstery/touchscreen etc. wasn't nearly as premium, updated or nice as the Ram!!!

My 04 Ram is very envious … :p

3840B4BE-37C5-4767-9C2E-667D5CB4C88F.jpeg

We test drove a couple Silverados, a couple Sierras, an F150 and 2 Rams. We really liked the Sierra! The interior and the ride was comparable to the Ram but it had a 2.7L 4 cylinder with a turbo that produced 310hp! Chevrolet/GMC was really pushing that engine! I just couldn't see a 4 cylinder in a full size truck! I asked for a 5.3L V8 in that same model/color but they didn't have any.
I’ve really liked the Sierras these past 20+ years. Haven’t ever went for one as I always had the large SUV for family travel. The Sierras are really nice inside and out IMO. Until recently, probably the only truck I would have considered. But these days…those new Rams like yours…they’ve snuck in there for me. I think they are both great choices!

I have had a 2022 Expedition Max for almost a year now. The interior fit and finish and 15" touchscreen is a huge improvement from my 2018 Expedition. It looks very high end. They are both Platinum editions. The BlueCruise self steering is amazing. I had a 4 hour drive last week and did not touch the steering wheel or gas pedal for 80% of the trip. The rapid red color really pops.

I have had a 2022 Expedition Max for almost a year now. The interior fit and finish and 15" touchscreen is a huge improvement from my 2018 Expedition. It looks very high end. They are both Platinum editions. The BlueCruise self steering is amazing. I had a 4 hour drive last week and did not touch the steering wheel or gas pedal for 80% of the trip. The rapid red color really pops.
Yup test drove a 2023 Expedition Max too! Beautiful blue with stone color leather interior. That 3.5L V6 w/ twin turbos rocks! But my wife wanted something else so I started looking at full size trucks w/crew cabs! (She wanted an Escalade but she didn't realize that used ones with low miles were $100000 on up!) My Ram came with a 12 inch touchscreen. Once I learn how to use that thing, it's going to be fun! On the way home it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to turn the fan down. Ha!

Nice truck, BK. I have a 20 year old Toyota Tundra with 280,000 miles that I still drive every day. Love it. But a year and a half ago we wanted something bigger to comfortably pull the boat all over the place with. Looked at everything for a long time. Ended up with a RAM 2500 Limited Longhorn with 6.7L diesel. So far we love it. It is loaded with about everything you can get. It ought to be. Only set us back about 86k. Lol But that was less than an equally equipped Ford.

Attachments

• 20210822_192827.jpg
    20210822_192827.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 6
Been looking at getting a Ford Expedition Max with a 3.5L V6 w/twin turbos that produces 400hp to replace our last Expedition we had for 15 yrs. But I just wanted something different. So I started looking at full size trucks with a crew cab. Test drove them all and this is what won out. A 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn edition crew cab with the Night package! 5.7L V8 Hemi...... View attachment 34060View attachment 34061View attachment 34062View attachment 34063View attachment 34064View attachment 34065
Ohh that is sweet! WOW - 12,750 tow capacity!! I am considering the same - my Expedition is about worn out. I have been trying to understand why the similar Ford is rated at 14,000 tow capacity - seems the Ford Tow package offers some type of "reinforcement" of the frame, as the Engine/Trans/Diff are all similar. But no doubt, that is nice! Did you get the 2 front bucket seats or Bench?

It came down to an F-150 and this RAM. Very similar with the same equipment. We just liked the interior so much better than the Ford. Plus they threw all kinds of rebates and incentives at us! Ha!
Oooh, rebates and incentives....tell us more!!!

Oooh, rebates and incentives....tell us more!!!
Got almost $7000 off Dealer discount at the start. Then got a 1st responder rebate, college graduate rebate, Chrysler Capital rebate, 2 Bonus cash back, and another discount for financing through Chrysler.

Nice truck, BK. I have a 20 year old Toyota Tundra with 280,000 miles that I still drive every day. Love it. But a year and a half ago we wanted something bigger to comfortably pull the boat all over the place with. Looked at everything for a long time. Ended up with a RAM 2500 Limited Longhorn with 6.7L diesel. So far we love it. It is loaded with about everything you can get. It ought to be. Only set us back about 86k. Lol But that was less than an equally equipped Ford.
Nice truck/engine Big Dog!!! Very similar but mine was nowhere near $86K! Ha! Do you have the power steps/running boards?!? I'm having mine installed on Monday. (Not power) I also have an S 10. 2003 with 254000 miles. Used it for years to commute to DC. Might be selling that soon since I got another truck.....

Nice truck/engine Big Dog!!! Very similar but mine was nowhere near $86K! Ha! Do you have the power steps/running boards?!? I'm having mine installed on Monday. (Not power) I also have an S 10. 2003 with 254000 miles. Used it for years to commute to DC. Might be selling that soon since I got another truck.....
Yes. Programmable running boards. Programmed now to come out any time a door is opened. Retract when door is closed. But you can turn it off if you want.

Yes. Programmable running boards. Programmed now to come out any time a door is opened. Retract when door is closed. But you can turn it off if you want.
I had power running boards on my former Escalade. Very nice feature untill…

Winter ice and snow would get caught and freeze them up when parked at work. After a number of years, the motors burned out in them. Cost to replace, $4k. Cadillac dealership said it is common in winter climates. Anyway, I said no way to paying $4k (at that time, maybe 2017). Had to run with them turned off for the final 3 years I owned it before just going ahead and selling it in 2020.

For those living in the north, I would encourage to NEVER get power running boards. Never, ever, ever. For those in the south, probably not an issue. Be grateful that you are in the south and likely will not run into said issue.

Back