Reluctant Vacation

9 Grand

Reaction score
The wife and I are leaving Sunday to go to Hawaii for our 30th anniversary. B)    I keep thinking how our Bennie will be sitting in the driveway for two weeks and we haven't even had it in the water yet. :(   I think we are both a little more excited about the boat than our trip, but the trip was planned before we bought the boat. :unsure:   Kind of wish I wasn't going. :eek:   Oops, did I say that out loud? :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll bring my laptop so I can check in on the owners forum. :D     

Take along pictures of it so you can glance at them during downtime. That's how I get through the work week lol

The boat isn't going anywhere! Go enjoy your trip and happy anniversary! 30 years should be celebrated! Some marriages don't last 3 days in today's world.

Congratulations ,we will have 30 years in December .

We hit 30 last year !! CONGRATS !!!!

Enjoy !! The Benni will be waiting .... I'm sure someone on here would be happy to take it out for you ..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Anniversary !!!!!!!!

The wife and I are leaving Sunday to go to Hawaii for our 30th anniversary. B)    I keep thinking how our Bennie will be sitting in the driveway for two weeks and we haven't even had it in the water yet. :(   I think we are both a little more excited about the boat than our trip, but the trip was planned before we bought the boat. :unsure:   Kind of wish I wasn't going. :eek:   Oops, did I say that out loud? :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll bring my laptop so I can check in on the owners forum. :D     
Thats funny!  Have a good trip and Happy Anniversary!  We're coming up on 20 years next year.

Happy anniversary! You know the trip will be well worth it and the Benny anticipation will still be strong when you come back. We just hit 40 last weekend.

Congratulations! This year will also be our 30th Anniversary! You just might forget about that Benny when you get to Paradise!!!!!!!!! 

We went to Maui for our 25th.  You won't be thinking about the boat.  It is beautiful in a non-mainland way.  When we got to the condo, I was watching the news to see what the weather was going to be.  They never  talked about the weather.  I asked about that at the bar that night.  The answer "It's always the same unless the tradewinds shift.  The west side is 70 and dry, the east side is 70 and going to get rain squalls 2 or 3 times during the day" Their right.  We did see the sun raise from the top of the volcano.  38 degrees and spectacular. 

Congratulations 

The Boat will be waiting

You could always have the Grand Children Break It In For You While You Are Gone (LOL)

Enjoy your time in Hawaii 

I will have 32 this month 

Seems like Yesterday

hawaii_01.jpg

Happy Anniversary, we also had our 30th this year. Its a great achievement in this day and age. Cheers to many more for all of us!

Happy anniversary we had our 20th this year. Enjoy the trip.

One of my college buddies went to Hawaii and never left--38 years ago.  His parents finally had to move there to see him. 

And he hasn't left Oahu in over 10 years.  I talk to him on Facebook all the time and he posts the most incredible pictures.  The big waves on the North Shore of Oahu were especially high this year, and they're the most incredible sight in the world.

I'm happy just putting in my pontoon on the Tennessee River--especially on a hot Summer night.

Thanks everyone! 

Congrats!  Enjoy Hawaii, it's a great place to visit!

Congratulations, we just had our 46th, and we're headed to Hawaii for our 50th.

Happy 30th. My wife and I had our 52nd last July. Bought the Benni in May and a week later we went to NEW ENGLAND to see our Kids, grand children and one great grand child. The Benni sat at the Dealers for three weeks. We miss the family but don't you think I couldn't wait to get back to SC and put the Benni in the water? The vacation was great but looking forward to getting home was great also. You do what you have to and you do what you want to but not always in the order you'd like.

Once you are in Hawaii you will be glad you are there, on the way home rather than missing Hawaii you will be eager to get home

Back