Roswell audio upgrade

Runway04

Reaction score
Hey guys. The site doesn’t seem to give much info on the Roswell upgrade. Can anyone tell me what speakers, amp, sub etc is included? Love to know how powerful this system is and learn about all its components. Thanks.

This is what the info button beside the option on the builder page says:​

2021-Roswell-6-Speaker-Package.jpg
Step up to a premium audio package purpose-built and tuned exclusively for Bennington and a pontoon boat's unique sound stage. Every Roswell component has been specifically designed, engineered, and tested to ensure peak performance in freshwater and saltwater marine environments. These are not just another off-the-shelf audio kit, but a custom-tuned piece of a musical masterpiece. All Roswell components are Klippel tested and certified to guarantee acoustic performance. What you get:
6.5" Roswell R1 In-Boats Speakers* The R1 speakers are purpose-build and tuned to maximize performance and durability for our application. Equipped with an exclusive Bennington grill with integrated RGB LED lighting, high-output woofers, and separate tweeters, these speakers will surely please any crowd. Sit back, relax, and ROCK ON. *Fiberglass Fastback afts step up to 2 - 8" R1 speakers. Cladded arch models will include 2 additional 6.5” R1 speakers.
Roswell R1 10" Subwoofer & Custom Enclosure An R1 subwoofer is paired with a custom-engineered enclosure tuned exclusively for use on a Bennington pontoon boat. These woofer's low-ends deliver a high-fidelity listening experience for any musical genre you and your family enjoy. Go ahead, feel the sound.
Roswell Amp* The Roswell R1 amplifier is perfectly matched with the R1 speakers and subwoofer. This amp pushes out incredible high current power, ensuring crisp, clear output at any volume. *Models with fiberglass fastback afts include a second amplifier

I think, what he is asking if anyone has experience with it, and if it is worth it. I am also considering this option, and would like to hear from people that have experienced both standard and upgraded systems.

Here’s my take,
It is a very good upgrade from the standard, and noticeable better then the kicker. The sub is strong and produces strong tight bass. Has very clear sound. It still could use more speaker locations to be a better system. For the money you could potentially send the boat out and have a stereo system put in that will perform better. But that would also require you potentially voided the warranty. Overall I am happy with what you get and the fact it is covered by factory warranty.

Thanks guys. Got both answers. I want to explore the components and also wanted to see what people felt about it.

I do have it ordered on my next boat (just ordered less than a month ago). So, I'll know more about how it sounds at some point over the winter. The 10 year warranty was a big selling point for me.

I do have it ordered on my next boat (just ordered less than a month ago). So, I'll know more about how it sounds at some point over the winter. The 10 year warranty was a big selling point for me.
Me too. I just ordered last week. Boat is supposed to be in sometime in early winter, late fall but won't be able to use until next April.

Hey guys. The site doesn’t seem to give much info on the Roswell upgrade. Can anyone tell me what speakers, amp, sub etc is included? Love to know how powerful this system is and learn about all its components. Thanks.
Roswell components vary with layout, at least on the 2020's. The Swingback has 6.5" all around where my Quad Bench has 6.5' interior, but 8" for external aft deck speakers. I don't have speakers on my arch. Came with two amps: 900.6 and 550.2.

Not a bad sounding system (not that I'd know because the wifey won't let me crank it :) but I imagine for the money you could do better with aftermarket. I stuck with factory due to the 10yr warranty.

I think, what he is asking if anyone has experience with it, and if it is worth it. I am also considering this option, and would like to hear from people that have experienced both standard and upgraded systems.
I have the upgrade and unless it is just not installed correctly by my dealer, it is NOT worth it at all. No mid sounds, just high, if the bass is turned up it vibrates so bad it's ridiculous for guests. I put a call into Roswell today for assistance. Boat was delivered with back speakers on the swing back not working. They are now working but overall sound is not good. I'll post again if I feel like they resolve. I would suggest hearing one before committing to the upgrade. I mean the back lit Bennington plate is awesome. But if you speakers don't rock, it's ridiculous to spend 5000 on it. I wish I had just gone with my previous JL audio set up.

Any update on the stereo. I just took delivery on mine and I am not happy with it.

Hello, I had one on my 2018 25RSB and just thought is was ok. Got talked into it on my 2022 25RSB because of 10 year warranty. But- I added a Roswell R1 550.2 to just the sub. So the R1 900.6 just runs the 6 speakers. Then had a local stereo shop tune both amps. It now rocks, night and day difference. Stereo guy said everything was wrong on the amps as far as set up. I'm no stereo affinato but I know if it sounds good and it now does, the sub just kicks no vibrations or weird lows. I can now turn it up and not be embarrassed that a $5000 stereo sounds like crap.

Any update on the stereo. I just took delivery on mine and I am not happy with it.
I ended up buying a boat my dealer had that someone backed out of taking. It has the kicker 6.5's and the kicker sub and amp upgrade. So, I didn't end up with the roswell set up. However, the kicker sub is pretty good for bass at the helm but bass is only felt an

Hello, I had one on my 2018 25RSB and just thought is was ok. Got talked into it on my 2022 25RSB because of 10 year warranty. But- I added a Roswell R1 550.2 to just the sub. So the R1 900.6 just runs the 6 speakers. Then had a local stereo shop tune both amps. It now rocks, night and day difference. Stereo guy said everything was wrong on the amps as far as set up. I'm no stereo affinato but I know if it sounds good and it now does, the sub just kicks no vibrations or weird lows. I can now turn it up and not be embarrassed that a $5000 stereo sounds like crap.

more common than folks think... there is some set up required, and things will sound like a hot mess if it isn't configured correctly. most of this has to do with crossover settings to get the right signal going to the sub vs. the speakers. by default, the same signal is going to every speaker all the same... which sounds pretty awful

Anyone know what the settings should be?

hard to find good manuals online... However, you should have controls on the head unit to set the crossovers. 80 Hz is a good setting, and needs set on the sub, and on the main channels...

that said, it looks like the amps have a switch that sets it for HPF/LPF/Full... Full range, High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter...

the 900.6 running the 6 main speakers should have the switch in the HPF setting. it will filter off the low bass reducing distortion significantly. The sub is gonna play that stuff anyway, without distortion. R1 should be set to LPF. This will filter all the content above bass frequencies that a sub shouldn't try and play anyway.

All that said, choose one or the other approach. Either set crossovers in the head unit, or on the amps.. NOT both. Unless you know what you are doing, setting both will stack the filters and you get wonky sound and results...

good luck, wish i could help more!

On ours it was hooked up all wrong as well. I had to change the connection several times just to get the head unit output and the speakers to align.
Here is what you want if you have a FB model like we do. All crossovers are done on the amp

Inside 4 Speakers - Audio feed is coming from front speaker PXM2 pre-out to amp Channels 1&2.
If you boat is wired like mine is then the 4 speakers are run off these 2 channels. Filter should be set to HP 80hz or so

Back Fast Back Speakers - Audio feed is coming from Sub/Rear Zone pre-outs from PMX2 to amp Channels 3&4.
This is very important as then you have separate volume control of the rear speakers using the Sub+/- buttons on the head unit.
This gives you the correct control for the water tunes. This should also be set with a HP filter, but a little lower around 50hz or so

Subwoofer - The sub is then wired directly to the amp on Bridged channels 5&6.
The level is set to what works for you and LP filter would be turned on around 80hz

Once this was all adjusted it sounds amazing. We also dynomatted the helm door and latch so we have no rattles at all.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Last edited:
Thank you both for the info. Mine is a swingback, but assume the rear speakers would be the same?
Yes...same setup as the Fastback, just different speaker location

I have the upgrade and unless it is just not installed correctly by my dealer, it is NOT worth it at all. No mid sounds, just high, if the bass is turned up it vibrates so bad it's ridiculous for guests. I put a call into Roswell today for assistance. Boat was delivered with back speakers on the swing back not working. They are now working but overall sound is not good. I'll post again if I feel like they resolve. I would suggest hearing one before committing to the upgrade. I mean the back lit Bennington plate is awesome. But if you speakers don't rock, it's ridiculous to spend 5000 on it. I wish I had just gone with my previous JL audio set up.
Hello, I'm having the same issues with the back speakers. What was the fix for it? It's driving me crazy because they worked and now they don't. Maybe a connection was loose or something. Thanks!

Back