Saying Good Bye For Now

Sorry to say so long (for now) highpond.  Sounds like a blast though --safe travels!

Congrats on your next exciting chapter in this crazy path of life. The wife and I are looking at RV's and intend on getting one when we retire. My thought is to sell the boat at that time. Got plenty of friends with boats, plus I can rent one if I need too. We love road trips and exploring. I guess that it why I have 4 four wheel drive rigs. We will leave a light on, so stop by with an update and pictures.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and invites.

When we retired n 07 we sold the house and moved into our 5th wheel. Now both homeless and out of work we headed south. Landed in SC bought a new home  four miles from a lake. We kept the 5th wheel for three more years but in the mean time bought our first used pontoon. That lasted 2 years until we got the Benny. RV'ing has too much pull for us. So here we go"On The Road Again". Looking forward to seeing the south west and other great parts of this beautiful country.

I'll look in on y'all from time to time. Keep the toons shinny Luck to all.

Russ

Have fun Russ!

The southwest is beautiful. I still wished I lived in Az. Maybe someday we will get back. Enjoy your retirement and hope to see you pop in here often. 

Definitely sad to see you go, but as the song says, "Happy Trails to you, until we meet again!" remember, the Dock Talk category is here for all kinds of stories, so swing by and tell some of yours!

Good luck with your decision and your new journey.

A friend of mine might be going the other way.  He bought a F350 dually and a HUMONGOUS fifth wheel with FOUR slide-outs.  One of them holds a full size motorcycle!  He discovered a single place he wants to visit for long stays and found the 5th wheel too much to cart around for short stays.  He was able to get it into my driveway for a multi-day stay but had he not he would have had to drive a half hour each way to visit with us.  He's not so lucky at his other stops so he's going to sell that monster, keep the truck and buy the largest slide in camper he can find.  Now he can park in ANYONE's driveway and he's going to buy a second home in the favorite visit location.  One big advantage to a slide in camper:  YOU CAN STILL TOW A BOAT!  See, there WAS a point to this story!

Best of luck to you.  Enjoy your new adventures.  Stop by from time to time to say hello...

Been a pleasure

Todd

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. This is our second time getting into RVing.  We were trying to get the best of both worlds this time but to get back into a fifth wheel setup I'd have to sell the Explorer and buy a truck as well as a fifth wheel. That put us onto the motor home. The Benny had to go to get rid of the note. Soooo, I bought a Golf Cart to pull . I now about long fifth wheels, My last one w 36' We found too many camp grounds couldn't accommodate it. The motor home is 31'  should fit anywhere. We leave tomorrow for our first shake down cruise Here's hopping all goes well.

Have fun and stay safe.

Back