Scratches on skirt normal?

Curious, did you end up using this solution on your rails or find an alternative? I am considering a boat with a similar issue. Thanks!
Surprisingly, a Magic Eraser got most of it out. I have just learned to live with the rest of it. Not to mention that I have added a few myself. It doesn't hurt as bad the first time you scratch it, if it isn't perfect to start with.

Funny. I had a somewhat similar situation. My boat was ordered with the heavy duty rub rail and flip down cleats, but they were missing when it arrived at the dealer due to supply chains issues. Dealer took it off the price, but I was really worried about not having the additional protection as this is my first boat. A month after I took delivery while getting a lift installed at my dock the crew put two scratches on the port side right after the entry door, so I had to see it every time I boarded the boat. The lift company gave me a good discount on the lift price as a result, but it still bugged me as I wasn't even the one to put the first scratch on the boat. Fast forward to yesterday and I put a scratch on the rear starboard corner....I was upset for about a minute and then just shrugged it off and told myself it is a boat and that is what the rails are for. So I fully agree, it gets a lot easier after the first one!

You still have the option of adding a rub rail

You still have the option of adding a rub rail
I looked into it, but it would require a whole new aluminum skirt to accommodate the rubber rail. There are a couple aftermarket options, but nothing that would look like if it came from factory. Figured it wasn't worth it and expect I will get another boat at some point that will 100% have it.

Back