Sea Legs for Pontoon Boat

Mark649

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Sea Legs for your pontoon boat. In my initial stages of looking at Benningtons and was wondering any pros and cons about sea legs and if anyone has a video of theirs

Many thanks

Mark

Any thoughts on Sea Legs for your pontoon boat. In my initial stages of looking at Benningtons and was wondering any pros and cons about sea legs and if anyone has a video of theirs

Many thanks

Mark
Mark,

If you do a forum search with both words, "sea legs", in quotes you'll get about 4 pages of hits on this topic, pro and con.

Good luck!

Tom

If I remember correctly, the biggest con is they create drag just like having no under skinning from water hitting them.

If I remember correctly, the biggest con is they create drag just like having no under skinning from water hitting them.
Additionally, the hundreds of pounds they add reduces your passenger load by a like amount.

Another consideration is compatibility with the pontoon configuration you desire.  For example, Sea Legs cannot be installed on tri-toons or express packages.  I have not checked recently but have heard that there is a version compatible with ellipticals.  Standard Sea Legs work fine with 25" toons.

The advantages are obvious - remote control lift operation in up to 4.5 - 5' of water.  Front/ back leveling.  Having your 'boat lift' available wherever you go.  No additional lift to store at end of season.  (This last advantage alone can justify the additional expense of Se Legs versus a stationary lift in saved fees for moving lift out of water or lift storage.)

I have used mine to raise the boat for cleaning toons, wiring led lights, or just inspecting under the boat both on shore and in the water.

The coolness factor is not insignificant either.  After three seasons I still have people gawk at them, ask me where I got them, etc.  I'd buy them again, and if I do it will probably be on my next toon, hopefully with ellipticals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are now made for tritoons also.

They do make them for Tritoons, however I would not reccomend them. I had to remove mine due to severe drag!!

Back