ShoreStation 5000lb Hydraulic - Some assembly required!

Boat lift and Canopy assembly is complete.  Can anybody figure out what I did wrong on the canopy that required me to disassemble and reassemble before putting on the lift? 

I'm not sure what happened to the web server, but I can't upload the same size pictures I could a couple weeks ago.  The only way I could get these to work is make them small and very compressed.  Humm...

My daughter took some pictures of us putting it on the lift.  That was interesting, but there were no injuries :)

I also included pictures of my boat lift floats that I'll use to float the lift into position and use to make fine tune adjustments.

We pick up our new pontoon on Friday!!

Here is a YouTube video of the boat lift in action:

http://youtu.be/_PKU0PTUAvo

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the boat lift in last weekend and canopy on.  It started raining like cats and dogs just after we got the last bungy pulled.  It was awesome.  My brother and I just sat on the pontoon until the rain passed.  Only thing  that would have made it better is if our wives would have brought a a couple beers to celebrate!  LOL...like that would happen

My floats worked perfect.  I needed to adjust the legs a few times and was able to lift each end and adjust as necessary.

Love the lift and canopy.  I didn't have a canopy on my last boat and always had to put the playpen cover on.  Love the Sunbrella fabric.  Much lighter than the full vinyl on the Vibo lift.  Larry's Canvas did a great job and it fits perfect. 

The dock to my lift needs a little work, but it'll do for this year.

BTW, the ShoreStation hydraulic lift is absolutely awesome.  My brother just has a friction wheel on his Vibo.  It takes *forever* for him to get his up.  5min ish.  My lift is  20seconds!!  I'm going to remind him of that as often as possible because he teased me the last 5 years when I had to hand crank my old pontoon lift.

Looks great.  Enjoy the summer!

I got the boat lift in last weekend and canopy on.  It started raining like cats and dogs just after we got the last bungy pulled.  It was awesome.  My brother and I just sat on the pontoon until the rain passed.  Only thing  that would have made it better is if our wives would have brought a a couple beers to celebrate!  LOL...like that would happen

My floats worked perfect.  I needed to adjust the legs a few times and was able to lift each end and adjust as necessary.

Love the lift and canopy.  I didn't have a canopy on my last boat and always had to put the playpen cover on.  Love the Sunbrella fabric.  Much lighter than the full vinyl on the Vibo lift.  Larry's Canvas did a great job and it fits perfect. 

The dock to my lift needs a little work, but it'll do for this year.

BTW, the ShoreStation hydraulic lift is absolutely awesome.  My brother just has a friction wheel on his Vibo.  It takes *forever* for him to get his up.  5min ish.  My lift is  20seconds!!  I'm going to remind him of that as often as possible because he teased me the last 5 years when I had to hand crank my old pontoon lift.
Looks like it really turned out great! Hydraulics rock for sure  B)

The hydraulic lifts are the way to go, unfortunately I can't have one as the depth of our water changes throughout the summer

Thanks Remedition.  Not only won't my association accept something like this but having it covered is the other half of the equation

The hydraulic lifts are the way to go, unfortunately I can't have one as the depth of our water changes throughout the summer
What does this mean?  This lift has a 54" capacity with min about 24" + draft.

I know some of the hydraulics are cantilever type.  The ShoreStation hydraulic is just like a standard vertical, but instead of spooling cable, a hydraulic ram pulls the cable with in the "winch tube" at about eye level.

Just trying to understand your restrictions.

Our lake house is on a man made reservoir that was built to prevent flooding downstream in the Albany area.  An entity controls the level of the lake dropping it slowly throughout the summer an average total of about 12' so that after winter the lake can accommodate the spring thaw.  Every Sunday morning we meet at the docks and push the docks out a few feet so that their is sufficient water depth for the boats to dock. 

Recent addition to the canopy.  Nice way to store the rods.  I may get another one.

I like that as well. Just the other day we left the dock only for me to realize I forgot my rod/reel. Do you have a link for it?

You were talking earlier about costs.  Yes, it's a lot of money, but you're getting your money's worth.

Even a dock mounted electric PWC lift is a $2K expenditure.

We're on a very stable river, and our water just goes up and down about 18".  And we don't get the ultra thick ice of Minnesota--or really any ice.

Our lake's average dock is 10' x 30' made out of concrete--with ten 4" steel poles pounded into the lake bottom.  The boathouses are about 12' x 30' and they have a concrete top--made into a sundeck.

Cost of a single pier/boathouse is about $60K.  Half of the boathouses are double units--pushing $100K cost.

I'd hate to have thought that I'd be spending that much money on a boathouse for my old 24' Starcraft pontoon boat I only paid $6K for in 1985.

But pontoon and tritoon boats can last you a lifetime if you keep them dry and out of the water all the time.  Upholstery can be replaced, as can engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back