Spring has Arrived in Northern Michigan ( According to the Calendar )

There were some snow flakes on my way into work this morning....Suppose to be in the teens for lows tonight and tomorrow night. Then the warm up on Sunday. The big piece of ice in our bay broke up yesterday and is not being blown around. Hopefully it will start to break up soon. The only real good news is I get the boat back tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see it.

There were some snow flakes on my way into work this morning....Suppose to be in the teens for lows tonight and tomorrow night. Then the warm up on Sunday. The big piece of ice in our bay broke up yesterday and is not being blown around. Hopefully it will start to break up soon. The only real good news is I get the boat back tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see it.
That's great! Hopefully they fixed it to your satisfaction this time.

As long as it is not dented, straight and keeping fluid within it's lines I'll be happy! Maybe I'll start a seperate thread if anyone cares but I'm happy with what Bennington has done thus far to make things right and then some.

As long as it is not dented, straight and keeping fluid within it's lines I'll be happy! Maybe I'll start a seperate thread if anyone cares but I'm happy with what Bennington has done thus far to make things right and then some.
That custom painted Yammy 300 should look good on there ;-)

They weren't that good to me!!! It was a positive experience though and proved Bennington is still #1 for customer service.

When I got home from work yesterday a good 75% of our lake was open water.  When I left home this morning for work it was ALL open water....there is zero ice left.

Time to put the Benny in.

Hopefully it stays open with the cold temps tonight and tomorrow.

We're at 25 now, and in the teens the next 2 nights. That ought to really slow things down :(

This was from a couple of hours ago. Wife sent it to me in disgust.
2DDCA62E-EB6E-4B60-BFC8-75F2480A988D_zps4lirm5uo.jpg

Took a trip up to the lake yesterday.  The good news is it is warming up as the temperatures are now in the low 50s, the bad news is the lake is still completely covered.  The bad news is someone I spoke to in the bar told me he was ice fishing that morning and the ice was 20" deep, the good news is it was happy hour and the beers were cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a short break  this morning from making Maple Syrup.

Stopped by the marina to check the ice .

Last pic is the gas pump $5.90  :eek:

Still looks better than my lake Jack.  If I am seeing correctly I like those townhouses with the boat garage.  Tell me you wouldn't fill up at $5.90 if it meant going out on the lake today :)

Took a trip up to the lake yesterday.  The good news is it is warming up as the temperatures are now in the low 50s, the bad news is the lake is still completely covered.  The bad news is someone I spoke to in the bar told me he was ice fishing that morning and the ice was 20" deep, the good news is it was happy hour and the beers were cheap
Not as good as boating, but Happy Hour is a close second!

Still looks better than my lake Jack.  If I am seeing correctly I like those townhouses with the boat garage.  Tell me you wouldn't fill up at $5.90 if it meant going out on the lake today :)
Price's have to be from last season . They have been closed since last November ( except to send out the bills ) 

I did fill my tank before storage last fall .

If they are still $2.50 over street price this season ,I will be carrying again .

One is for sale Mark .$110,000.00 less than last year .

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Alanson-MI/2104022321_zpid/37071_rid/45.510437,-84.63644,45.347802,-84.972897_rect/11_zm/1_fr/?view=map

Price's have to be from last season . They have been closed since last November ( except to send out the bills ) 

I did fill my tank before storage last fall .

If they are still $2.50 over street price this season ,I will be carrying again .

One is for sale Mark .$110,000.00 less than last year .

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Alanson-MI/2104022321_zpid/37071_rid/45.510437,-84.63644,45.347802,-84.972897_rect/11_zm/1_fr/?view=map
Looks pretty nice. So how big is the actual boat house underneath in terms of fitting 2 boats in there? Do the have overhead hoists?

From the out side it looks like you can fit 2 boats in . Mine would not fit because of the arch . There is also a 2 car attached garage on the opposite  side 

Man it is pretty darn nice here today (Jackson, MI area).  Went for a walk at lunch and didn't even wear a jacket.  Yesterday at dinner time I was grilling burgers on the lake side of our house and had a loon on the lake and a pair of swans.  We have a loon at this time of year but he only stays for 2-3 weeks then he's gone (pretty much as soon as he sees a boat on the lake he's put of there) so that was sure a nice site to see.

Sounds nice. I'm scooting out of work in an hour to head home to enjoy the weather. As you know. I am too in Jackson right now. Probably looking over at your work. I'm on the north/east side of the building, 10th floor. Send up a smoke signal for me!

No my wife works at Allegiance Health but I work in Michigan Center on Page Ave.....exactly 1.1 miles from where I live.  :D

Nice. I will go to the Menards there sometimes after work to pick something up. I only live 46 miles from work....

We should grab lunch some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back