Spring has Arrived in Northern Michigan ( According to the Calendar )

Cheers!

I was up at the cabin in Northern MN today.  Last weekend we were snowmobiling and there was 6+ inches of snow on the lake and 8"+ on the ground.  It is all gone a week later.  Pretty amazing.  Just a few small piles left.

Got a couple pics of some geese hoping spring would come as much we do.  Second picture is showing the black spots on the lake which we all love this time of year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Less Than 24 hours 

Accuweather shows the start of April in the 30's. Sounds about right for Michigan.....Good thing I'm busy with work and some house items to help the time pass. I'm hoping for a mid April launch.

Speaking of passing time. I forget the name f the lake and cannot find the posts regarding the car one the ice and people guessing the date it will fall through?

Jack posted that link. Not sure where it is either after a quick search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked the ice again late Friday...down to 3.5".  Just when I thought no way in hell would anyone else be on that ice I saw a shanty there yesterday afternoon.  He's nuts if you ask me.  In the past several days we now have robins, geese, red winged blackbirds, sand hill cranes and even great blue herons and a pair of swans all here now for the season.

Some up and down weather expected here in the next few days then starting Sunday the forecast shows 50's and some rain with lows staying above freezing. 15 last night....

Not seeing too many Robins here I would say two all last week

Where are the warm temps ?
They've been cancelled for 2015. Didn't you get the memo?

;-)

I saw a Robin the other day with it's tounge stuck to a metal pole...

I saw a Robin the other day with it's tounge stuck to a metal pole...
That hilarious!!! Turns out the pole was a frozen worm!!

Had open water just in front of my sea wall out the first 4 feet down to about 4 other houses as well.  Enough for 6 mallards to come over for a handout of shelled corn (boy they sure don't forget I give that out year to year).  Went jogging last night....got back a little after 9pm.  I'm watching my parent's dog (who ran with me) and the idiot fell in the lake and couldn't get out....was wimpering with his front paws up on one of my docks....had to pull him out.  That's some darn cold water.

I can only imagine how cold that was!! I can't believe ducks, geese and swans are sticking their heads in it too.

Here is how our lake is looking as of yesterday.

C901314D-4404-43A7-AFE0-2CF852E3CDC4_zpseqkraeht.jpg
A4A1C62E-6A48-4880-8EF2-7A6C90A26E39_zps53dcwwb2.jpg

Andy, I can't get over how much your lake looks like the on that BM uses to shoot its promo photos and video. The one with the island. You were there for the Club event 2 years ago. Yes, theirs is larger, but the shorelines are so similar.....

Thanks, I wish mine was big like that one. I remember it being pretty nice.

We're getting there

We are not even close . Got about another 5-6 inches of snow this week .Going down to Zero tonight .

Warm up "Finally" starts Sunday 

Back