Spring has Arrived in Northern Michigan ( According to the Calendar )

Put the taps into the trees today .Hopefully it will start running Sunday .

The wife and I sat out on the deck for a while this afternoon. It felt great in the sun with the house blocking the wind. It's only suppose to get warmer this week too. Now all I need is for bennington to wrap up the boat repairs and I'll be all set come April

Weather man was so far wrong! .We got snow today. Fire him/her 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire....Kill!!!!

They don't make the weather. That's the Guys job up stairs. They just tell it what it'll be like. NOT GOOD.

Hopefully you guys are starting to get some nicer weather up there. It was almost 60 degrees today in central Ohio. Nice to see almost all the snow gone and everything melting. Boating will be soon can't wait for that day.

This weeks weather is definitely going to put a whoopin on the snow. I think it will be gone by weeks end excluding large piles.

First sign of spring in Minnesota!

Got to 83 today. Spitting rain now  Hope to be in the water next Wednesday for what we hope is the beginning to a long and beautiful boating season.

Nice! 51 here today but almost 60 on Friday. Hopefully that will put a whoopin on the lake ice/snow. I speak on behalf of all us norther boaters when I say I'm jealous....and you suck :D

Spudded a hole in the ice yesterday late afternoon....15" (actual measured).  Could not believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I was hoping for less. Maybe I'll head out on mine later and drill a hole if I get time.

Still ice fisherman all over our place today.

I always look forward to your spring updates Tom as what you experience I should see in the very near future. I didn't much care for this particular update though. This time of year it is hard to judge ice thickness as there are always the nuts that try to get out on slush and require rescue.

Just measured the ice thickness about 2 hours ago....now down to only 7.5".

That was quick!

Taken yesterday ( 3/13 not by me ) Crooked Lake 

11053150_781098631985830_7148036205319296311_n.jpg

We're still driving trucks on ours!

Yes, Spring HAS arrived in Northern Michigan. Yesterday, I had a couple (OK, more than a couple) beers on the patio of my favorite brewery!

3C4C1BC2-9C70-47CA-9B19-9B58F6414D5C_zpskm2ddpyq.jpg

Back