Spring has Arrived in Northern Michigan ( According to the Calendar )

Keith, what do you do for the VA? I get all my healthcare from them (in Charlotte and Salisbury, NC) and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I'm a Registered Nurse.  I absolutely love working for the VA....I'm a Vet myself.

Thanks for your service Keith.

Last edited by a moderator:
When are the Michigan guys planning to launch for the season. I think Kells aready has his. I'm hoping maybe next weekend if the water level is up.

Having a Seawall and retaining wall put in starting this weekend, so won't get the dock in for a couple weeks. Boat goes in soon after that.

Wont be long now ,Crooked Lake 4/13/15

11119138_797858826976477_3493607490952306372_n.jpg
11062801_797858880309805_8991196242105480178_n.jpg
17799_797858973643129_1029164031987534897_n.jpg

Changed the gear lube in the outdrive last night and threw the battery charger on trickle charge....left it on all night and all day today.  I have a guy coming out Saturday morning to re-do both of my docks (the winter ice always pulls them away from the seawall a little bit) and also lift up one side of my boat hoist for our ski boat.  I'll be putting the Bennington in after that unless I end up putting it in tomorrow instead.

Tomorrow is going to be 74 and sunny with 8 mph winds.  A co-worker of mine is going to be helping me put the boat in during our lunch hour.  Love it.

Nice! I'll be over your way tomorrow. Need to pick up some items at Menards. That will be hard going back to work after lunch!

Here is a video showing Northern Pike being stocked in our lake during the fall. A walk out on my dock recently revealed one that size so I'll be catching them soon. They do the stocking on the bay we live on so I seem to always have some pretty good luck. They grow up and look like this. I actually caught this one about 50 yards from the ramp seen in the video.

https://www.livgov.com/drain/Pages/thompsonlake.aspx

0822131808_zpsd0e38abf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I put the boat in after dinner on Friday....I think my 3 1/2 year old daughter was as happy as I was to be back on the boat.  She kept saying "Go faster Daddy....go faster!"  Yup....she's my daughter.  Went out Saturday as well.  Boy it's sure getting colder this week though.  Won't be back out on that boat for a while.

At least you got out. It was yard work for me all weekend. A couple more weeks I guess. I saw a couple nights might get below freezing. Are you worried about the motor freezing?

Calling for snow up here Tuesday night  :angry:

Yeah I saw that but na......that isn't going to freeze that engine to where it would do any damage....I have power at my dock...I could always keep a light on inside the motor cover I guess.

Snow on the lawn this morning  ( 4/22/15 )

Back