Standard features and options

newboater

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why in the list of standard features for the 2275 GCW it has the teak table, 2 cup holders, kicker speakers, and the teak wheel with etched center. When I go to build this boat it list those as options or the G value package for the discount. If it's standard then why do I have to select them? Also, do I have to go through a dealer to buy additional accessories later or is there somewhere to purchase them online and why do different boats have different accessory upgrades. For instance, the 2275 GCW does not have the option to upgrade to a cup holder with teak accents. Why wouldn't this work with the 2275 GCW?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Newboater! I can't answer most of your questions, i'll leave that to Team Bennington. What i can say, for factory replacement parts and accy's you'll have to contact a Bennington dealer. Hope that helps a little :)

I believe what you are seeing in the standards list are the changes for the 2012 model year. We had ordered a late 2011, but Bennington upgraded us to a 2012 and I heard that they are changing some of the options vs standard features. I dont think the website has been fully updated yet.

Hi guys, we are in the midst of updating the website from 2011 to 2012. It's a big project. The G series value package will be standard on all G series boats built after August 1st. Yes, you can get teak cupholders on the G as an upgrade...thanks for catching an error. We'll fix it! Please see your dealer for help as we make our changes.

Thanks for your patience and questions! TB

Last edited:
Hi guys, we are in the midst of updating the website from 2011 to 2012. It's a big project. The G series value package will be standard on all G series boats built after August 1st. Yes, you can get teak cupholders on the G as an upgrade...thanks for catching an error. We'll fix it! Please see your dealer for help as we make our changes.

Thanks for your patience and questions! TB
I also have the same question, I ordered the kicker speakers as an option on a 2012 24 SF I picked up this weekend 8/27/11, build date was 8/12/11, but if you look under the standard features it states that kicker speakers for 2012 are standard, it also states that with a 2012 24 SF you get a 4 step curved boarding ladder, mine is a three step, I'm also curious on the rear of the boat underneath next to the motor well (between motor well and pontoon) there is a shield (aluminum)or splash shield on the port side but not on the other, why would there not be a shield on both sides of the motor well or motor transom area underside, I also upgraded the captains chair to the S series, this is also a standard feature.

How do I go about getting my money back and these items exchanged.

These are also on your download spec. sheet for 2012 24 SF updated Aug 26 2011

Hi Toonafish, Glad to hear you got your new boat, i'm sure you'll love it. Have you had it on the water yet? As for the options, i think you need to sit down with your dealer and discuss what should have been upgrades, there may have been a specific date those changes took affect. Your boat may have been ordered before that date, it's worth a shot! Post some pics when you get a chance!

I also have the same question, I ordered the kicker speakers as an option on a 2012 24 SF I picked up this weekend 8/27/11, build date was 8/12/11, but if you look under the standard features it states that kicker speakers for 2012 are standard, it also states that with a 2012 24 SF you get a 4 step curved boarding ladder, mine is a three step, I'm also curious on the rear of the boat underneath next to the motor well (between motor well and pontoon) there is a shield (aluminum)or splash shield on the port side but not on the other, why would there not be a shield on both sides of the motor well or motor transom area underside, I also upgraded the captains chair to the S series, this is also a standard feature.

How do I go about getting my money back and these items exchanged.

These are also on your download spec. sheet for 2012 24 SF updated Aug 26 2011
Yikes...Looks like we need to shut down build-a-boat for a few days and edit. Hate to blame it on summer interns, that would not be fair, would it? :p Kicker speakers, as well as recliner, are optional on the S series in 2012. The 4-step curved ladder does not fit an S series stern. It is the ladder for the G series. Your boat was built correctly, Build a Boat has errors we will clean up immediately.

The aluminum pan you see under one side of the transom protects the fuel lines for the fuel tank on the S series since they run under the deck...this is not a waveshield. The pan is an additional step we take where other companies do not.

Thanks for finding the errors and sorry for the confusion. TB

TB -

While you're fixing the "build a boat" part of the website, the 24SSL has the wrong specs. The length looks wrong, and the max HP is wrong (according to what my dealer has said) and some of the other specs may be wrong too (most of them are exactly like the 22SSL, which probably is a "cut and paste" error).

I doubt the floor storage is free, but it is marked as a $0 cost upgrade.

Also, you can only find the 24SSL under the link to the "22" foot boats. It's not shown under the "24" last I saw.

It seems there were other errors that I noticed, but I don't recall right off. Since you seem open to hearing about them, I will let you know if I run across them again.

I talked with my dealer today. He said that I had received 2011 prices because I had ordered before the 2012 prices came out. What I don't understand though is that apparently there are other things that are standard on the 2012 that I did not have to pay to upgrade but the table, cup holders, kicker speakers, and wheel are also standard but I do have to pay for. Why are certain things included with the 2011 price because of the 2012 standard features but other things are not. Maybe I shouldn't complain because maybe the 2012 prices are significantly higher but I want to know the difference.

TB -

While you're fixing the "build a boat" part of the website, the 24SSL has the wrong specs. The length looks wrong, and the max HP is wrong (according to what my dealer has said) and some of the other specs may be wrong too (most of them are exactly like the 22SSL, which probably is a "cut and paste" error).

I doubt the floor storage is free, but it is marked as a $0 cost upgrade.

Also, you can only find the 24SSL under the link to the "22" foot boats. It's not shown under the "24" last I saw.

It seems there were other errors that I noticed, but I don't recall right off. Since you seem open to hearing about them, I will let you know if I run across them again.
Thank you! Found out this afternoon that the "deploy" funtion for our changes routed all changes to all series....good grief. Keep the errors coming, and thanks.

I talked with my dealer today. He said that I had received 2011 prices because I had ordered before the 2012 prices came out. What I don't understand though is that apparently there are other things that are standard on the 2012 that I did not have to pay to upgrade but the table, cup holders, kicker speakers, and wheel are also standard but I do have to pay for. Why are certain things included with the 2011 price because of the 2012 standard features but other things are not. Maybe I shouldn't complain because maybe the 2012 prices are significantly higher but I want to know the difference.
Sorry for the frustration. Let's see if we can explain. During the 2011 model year, the G series value package was an option. You selected it and were charged for it if you bought the option. For the 2012 model year, the value package is standard, but not "free"...we wrapped the cost of the items into the 2012 price. You still pay for the options in that package, and the boat went up in price accordingly. Hope this makes sense. Mutiply that with the current errors on build-a-boat, and you probably feel like you are in a rubber room!

Seems like the RCW LTD is listed twice on the R series page.

Are the options / prices for the G series on the website correct now? When will the pics and "build a boat" going to be upgraded to the 2012 G series? I have an order that I need to finalize.

Seems like the RCW LTD is listed twice on the R series page.

Are the options / prices for the G series on the website correct now? When will the pics and "build a boat" going to be upgraded to the 2012 G series? I have an order that I need to finalize.
Hi Chuck, we're starting on the G series now, just finishing the S. Give it another day or two...

Last edited:
Will there be an announcement as to when the 2012 build a boat is finished? Would like to build an 2275 RCW and get a quote from dealer just want all bases covered. BTW great job Team Bennington! With the introduction of "Shattered", who's going to touch you? You hit the nail on the head with the Q too, although I may have left the front the same as 08-10... all round. Sorry if I hijacked this post. :rolleyes:

How about adding model specific pics. For example, if you pull up a floorplan with captains/fishing chairs all you can view is a bow with bench seats. :)

I totally agree Seven Twenty.

How about adding model specific pics. For example, if you pull up a floorplan with captains/fishing chairs all you can view is a bow with bench seats. :)
We hear ya! Unfortunately, we build over 55 models and we cannot build all of them for a 10-day photo shoot...so, we select the most popular models and the newest models to snap shots of, then we fill in the feature shots as best we can. We're trying our best to get you some of everything, but it's a challenge. You should see the shot list! :blink: :D

I figure even some shots of items in the 'Popular Options' category would be really helpful, and even what the difference is when you pick the Yamaha motor for instance, there are 2 different gauge clusters(if I understand it right) it'd be nice to see how they look. But as you said, you have a lot of styles and options, so it would take a heck of a while.

Maybe write out a big list of ones needing pics, and as people order them, snap a quick pic, just for an idea, no professional photoshoot needed, so people have a clue what they spent their money on! Haha :) and to sell the idea to the wife(or husband if somewhere in this world there is a man around that WOULDN'T want more options!).

We hear ya! Unfortunately, we build over 55 models and we cannot build all of them for a 10-day photo shoot...so, we select the most popular models and the newest models to snap shots of, then we fill in the feature shots as best we can. We're trying our best to get you some of everything, but it's a challenge. You should see the shot list! :blink: :D
Think I should start by saying that I believe most all of the members really appreciate having this Bennington specific website and being able to share ideas and comments with others with whom we have a "common" connection. You even have a website in which several of the owners have become pretty significant "cheerleaders" for Bennington :D

However, maybe some "reflective thinking" is in order. Within this thread (and a few others) it seems to me posters are just trying to give you what would be some outstanding marketing and advertising suggestions.

First, the thing I have noticed most about all pontoon related websites is that people want and like pictures.

Second, they like pictures of everything and I think for the primary Bennington website and your build-a-boat section, that would mean a good view of all possiblities and floorplans, not just the new or most popular models. It should also include a specific picture of all the possible options and accessories that are available.

Guess I could go on and on, but look at your comment above "...get you some of everything, but it's a challenge." Just meet the challenge and get everything. It should draw in potential buyers and will help your already established corps of cheerleaders cheer even more :p

I think most of us would love to see Bennington go from 20% of the market share to 25% or more in 2012. It helps all of us in the long run.

Think I should start by saying that I believe most all of the members really appreciate having this Bennington specific website and being able to share ideas and comments with others with whom we have a "common" connection. You even have a website in which several of the owners have become pretty significant "cheerleaders" for Bennington :D

However, maybe some "reflective thinking" is in order. Within this thread (and a few others) it seems to me posters are just trying to give you what would be some outstanding marketing and advertising suggestions.

First, the thing I have noticed most about all pontoon related websites is that people want and like pictures.

Second, they like pictures of everything and I think for the primary Bennington website and your build-a-boat section, that would mean a good view of all possiblities and floorplans, not just the new or most popular models. It should also include a specific picture of all the possible options and accessories that are available.

Guess I could go on and on, but look at your comment above "...get you some of everything, but it's a challenge." Just meet the challenge and get everything. It should draw in potential buyers and will help your already established corps of cheerleaders cheer even more :p

I think most of us would love to see Bennington go from 20% of the market share to 25% or more in 2012. It helps all of us in the long run.
TB I dont mean to be a pain in the toon but What is the difference in the SF and the SFX I see nothing or no difference except when you go to build the boat and the price of the SFX starts out at 5,000 and gets cheaper when you pick a motor, at this price I think i will sell my 2012 SF and by two or three SFX, you said earlier you just finished the S series.

Back