Stolen Boat Motors

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Well not a pretty story here but maybe a warning to all . Green Lake Wisconsin a small community of about 1100 people total and a lot of tourism for a small town. Recently had at least 5 motors stolen off stored pontoon boats. The boats were at an outside store facility. I guess what the thieves do is steal a small fishing boat, they have with them bolt cutters and rechargeable impact wrenches that they will remove the motors with and then put the stolen motors in the stolen fishing boat and get out of town. Obviously they sell the motors and dump the fishing boat. They got off with a few Yamaha 90's and a couple 150's.Just some food for thought.

Jeff

That's why I had a special bolt like a locking lug for a wheel on my old toon. Good reminder to get another one ......

I talked to the Bennington dealer in Green Lake they told me that when someone with one of the stolen motors comes for a part and gives a dealer the serial number off the motor the dealer should know the motor is stolen. Hope I'm not giving anyone any bad ideas.

How much do the 90's and 150's approximately weigh?????? Must be a hell of a job stealing those motors..........It goes to show that..............if it's not locked or nailed down............somebody's going to steal it!!!!!!!! 

I was told that the Yamaha 150's weight about 480lbs. So probably 4 or 5 guys involved.

My 90 Merc is just under 400 lbs 

Maybe the police should be looking for a truck with a davit boom in the rear.

This is a good example how everyone needs to have insurance on their boats, including theft coverage.

I went many years without boat insurance, but certainly have it with my new Bennington.  While it hurts to pay a deductible, it's a must for peace of mind. 

Maybe the police should be looking for a truck with a davit boom in the rear.

This is a good example how everyone needs to have insurance on their boats, including theft coverage.

I went many years without boat insurance, but certainly have it with my new Bennington.  While it hurts to pay a deductible, it's a must for peace of mind. 
I have zero deductible ,it was not  that much more .It doesn't  hurt to ask,you may be surprised .

My boat is stored in Green Lake, do you know the exact location of the storage facility? 

The location of the facility is The Green Lake Fairview Farm on Center rd just west of County O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back