T minus 45 minutes and the new boat arrives

Dan S

Reaction score
We're only 45 minutes from receiving our boat. It's a tad chilly, as in 60 degrees and a bit breezy, but it could be worse like maybe raining. We're located on the Eau Claire chain in NW Wisc. Just glad to be finally getting it. My wife and I have spent a fair amount of time and about a grand in "restomodding our our older galvanised roll in dock. New bumpers, tie downs, replaced rotted deck boards, etc. I really like the heaviness of galvanised docks - very stout. Oh, and I put dualies on the far end and removed the old rotted car tires that were on there. Also added shoreline wheels which made it waaaaaaaay easier to put in. I only waiting 18 years to do that. How stupid was that? Anyway, have to go and greet our new boat.

Whenever we go out and it isn't a great day we go even slower than usual and take a nice and slow long cruise.  We like to to shoreline cruise and look at the houses along the shore.  Have a great day Dan S 

Performed flawlessly, cable steering a little heavy but that was a choice I made, planes quickly, fits our dock perfectly so now I can install the 10" Wave Armor bumpers where I need to. We even have ethanol free fuel 3 miles from us. Domed registration numbers went on nicely. Picts to follow.

Excellent !! 60 degrees ?? That's freezing in Florida .....  :p

Congrats. Enjoy.

Enjoy the new boat!

Welcome to the party.  Enjoy.  

We are finally picking up our new boat at 5 pm today.  

Congratulations!!! Like a little kid on Christmas morning! Ha!

Just in time for the nice weather. Congratulations!!

Congratulations!    It is amazing how slow time goes before the boat arrives and how quickly it goes after you get it.

Have fun with the new boat!  Is yours from Miller Marine?  We just got our 21SLX from them last week.  21' is a nice size.  I would be interested in finding out how the Wave Armor bumpers work for you.  We're looking at adding something like that to our dock, so we don't have to use fenders anymore.  Looked up the website for them, and found out the Wave Armors are made in our home town!

Enjoy your new boat. Perfect timing - I traded at the end of the season last year and had to look at the new boat all winter. It made for a very long winter.

Thanks everyone!!!

Here's some pics for LorenMN as promised. Loren, the pic showing the side view of the 32" vertical bumper is important in that not even the manufacturer shows a side view on their website. I hope these help. Dan

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've been looking at my Bennie sitting with its mooring cover on all winter and spring.  I was going to remove the cover today, however Spring storms keep the winds blowing hard and the water pretty rough--for 85 degrees. 

I've been hauling 5 truckloads of ground up leaves--leftover from last Fall.  Hopefully I can get all the new screen on my porches, and the furring strips battened down to hold the screen on.  It's really tough trying to maintain two houses--only one of which your heart is at.

Now its time to load up the rolling fuel tank with 14 gallons of 100% gasoline.

Back