The 2022 Official College Football Thread

Beyond OSU, you can play with every team in the B1G. East or West.
OSU will have to self destruct to lose a single game until playoffs.

Well you bring up another terrible loss, when JMU was an FCS team!

Those Beamer days now seem like an anomaly, not part of a trend. We stunk before he came and now we stink after he retired. Me thinks the program really was all about him and Bud Foster creating a great culture and getting recruits out of the Tidewater. Now we lose to teams with half our budget and stadiums no bigger than Texas high schools.

Pathetic.
Yup we were at that game! Miserable day! Raining like a dog! We were going to leave because we were literally soaked. We had a 3 1/2 hr ride home to Fredericksburg but we decided to stay. Then JMU pulled it out!!! Great finish! I remember having to stop at a Walmart and bought sweatshirts to wear home. Yeah I remember all the kids from the Virginia Beach area that went to Tech. The Vicks were from there too right?!?

Beyond OSU, you can play with every team in the B1G. East or West.
OSU will have to self destruct to lose a single game until playoffs.
Maryland is supposed to have beefed up their offensive and defensive lines so they can be more competitive against the Big Boys! We'll see. Ha! OSU looked good against Notre Dame. That Stroud kid is pretty efficient!

Who watched last night's game?
Was very impressed with Clemson's backup QB.

As a Buckeyes fan my thoughts were, after Smith_Ngigba was hurt they had no idea what to do offensively. They seemed quite flat and out of sorts. I thought C. J. made some poor attempts and also had some great throws, inconsistent to me. Who would have thunk OSU would have a power run game and take over 7 minutes to score?? The game was certainly not flashy in anyway but they were able to dominate the second half and pull out a good win.

It will be interesting to see how well ND plays in future games. They certainly kept the game close and in question for a long time…even without any significant offensive output in the second half.

As for OSU’s at times inconsistent play, might just chalk that up to a major set back early on with Ngigba, and going up against #5 ND. How many schools lose someone like him early in the 1st playing a #5 opponent and finish so strong? OSU would have rolled big against nearly anyone else.

…AND although I may not be a “fan” of either program ;), I greatly applaud them for squaring off in week 1, along with the Georgia v Oregon Matchup. Never like the best in the country rolling big on significantly weaker opponents. Always respect good programs squaring off against good programs in pre-conference play. That said, given the physical toll and injury chances in the sport, I absolutely understand why schools do it.

Just left the Maryland game. Crappy rainy day in Charlotte. But Maryland played their butts off! It was 56-21 when we left. Why can't all the games be like this?!? Ha!

Last edited:
Badgers 9-3, WIn B1G West, win Big Ten in Indianapolis, Win Rose Bowl (Optimistic, but plausible)
No longer plausible.
Hoping for a bowl game at this point. Reality can be a mean kick in the balls sometimes! LOL

Could be worse... Could be a Huskers fan!
I bet Frost is gone if they do not upset Oklahoma.

USA Today

How is Alabama still rated #1??? A last second FG over unranked Texas to win by a point! OSU beats a then ranked #5 by 11 and drops a slot??
It should be Georgia 1, OSU 2, Alabama 3... Unfortunately Notre Dame has also turned out to be a dumpster fire.

AP has it closer to right, Georgia 1, Alabama 2, OSU 3,...

Just got done watching a special on Big Ten Network about "The Wave"
If you get a chance to watch it please do!

The Hawkeye Wave

hawkeyesports.com
hawkeyesports.com

The Hawkeye Wave is by far the best new tradition in college football! Gives me chills watching!

A game in Iowa City is definitely on my bucket list

It should be Georgia 1, OSU 2, Alabama 3... Unfortunately Notre Dame has also turned out to be a dumpster fire.
Based on my personal “eye ball” test of watching each of these 3 play 1-2 games already, I’d put them in the order you have above. Georgia just looks more impressive, well rounded and dominate right now. But, as the season unfolds, who knows? Each of those three are certainly stacked with talent.

For me, I am just hoping my Spartans can travel out to Washington and play well against the Huskies this Saturday as we start to really get set for the B1G season. As usual, the B1G east is going to be a beast to get through.

As usual, the B1G east is going to be a beast to get through.

If you matched up B1G East teams against B1G West teams (best to worst on each side) Your East teams would simply sail through those games unchallenged. B1G West is frankly embarrassing this season.

Nice Missouri Valley over B1G upset with Southern IL over Northwestern!

Back