The 2022 Official College Football Thread

My Spartans look about as bad as they could look at the half. Painful game to watch.

Nice finish for MaryLand. Congrats Daril!
The defense stepped up at the end for a change! That SMU QB Mordecai is a gunslinger and that receiver Rice was a Beast!!! We'll see what happens with Michigan. We'll be on a cruise ship in Rome next Saturday. I might not want to find out! Ha! Another big game is JMU at App St! Old rivals!

I saw that App St is slightly favored
App St. is for real! Scored 61 on Carolina but lost. Won against Texas A&M, and beat Troy on a Hail Mary. Boone is 1 1/2 hrs from us and they're always on TV!

The Hail Mary in the Troy game was incredible. Crazy way to win! AND to do it at home with College Game Day on campus, well that’s as good as it gets.

First big challenge for my Buckeyes this weekend, Notre Dame turned out to be somewhat of a bust! Wisconsin has always been a thorn in the side of OSU, seemingly year after year, even when OSU was favored.
Putting up 77 against Toledo is one thing, the defense IMHO is still a bit questionable. Who needs a defense when you can score 77, until you can't, see the Xichigan/OSU result of last season.

Another night game in Columbus, those fans are going to be exhausted!!

First big challenge for my Buckeyes this weekend, Notre Dame turned out to be somewhat of a bust! Wisconsin has always been a thorn in the side of OSU, seemingly year after year, even when OSU was favored.
Putting up 77 against Toledo is one thing, the defense IMHO is still a bit questionable. Who needs a defense when you can score 77, until you can't, see the Xichigan/OSU result of last season.

Another night game in Columbus, those fans are going to be exhausted!!
Your Buckeyes will cover the spread.:(

Jeff, I hope you Spartans can turn things around and beat those gophers.

I came away very impressed with Maryland. They competed the entire game against #4 in the Big House. Maryland is going to be dangerous.

Meanwhile, Minnesota absolutely owned my Spartans in the first half. I don’t know if I can take another half of such dismal play on MSU’s part. We are playing some God awful football in this game. Having flashbacks to the first half of the Washington game. :oops:

Holy poop on a stick! My Badgers are really struggling against the bug eyes.

Great article on breaking down Michigan's performance against Maryland.
If Harbaugh goes back to a slimmed-down playbook like we've seen in many of his previous seasons, then there will be some familiar losses:

"Michigan will face better offenses and several better defenses this fall, and will have to be more balanced to avoid predictability."

I
I came away very impressed with Maryland. They competed the entire game against #4 in the Big House. Maryland is going to be dangerous.

Meanwhile, Minnesota absolutely owned my Spartans in the first half. I don’t know if I can take another half of such dismal play on MSU’s part. We are playing some God awful football in this game. Having flashbacks to the first half of the Washington game. :oops:

Daril, Maryland played very well against Big Blue!
I heard! Hope to watch the game when we get home!

I know my Badgers are favored, but I have a an uneasy feeling about Illinois.

Back