THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Lake Cumberland dam is scheduled to be repaired Spring of 2013. They will raise the lake 20', look at the data and if everything is good they will raise it another 20' in the summer. Hopefully the boaters come back. One of the large marinas filed for bankruptcy last year. Our docks go in the 3rd weekend in April. Looking forward to it. Need to boat to get rid of my S.A.D.

Haha, I'm from Thompson, Manitoba, about 7.5 hours drive north of where I live now. It was -55 celcius this morning. I don't miss those days when you get square tires. Oh, that about -64 F I believe. Yup, and I used to walk to school on those days too!!
Up hill too right????

Up hill too right????
BOTH WAYS!! And me and my brother had to share shoes! He got them on the way to school and I got them on the way home!! Hahaha true story about the cold and the tires though!

Over here in Illinois we usually plan our boating season on being memorial day to labor day.....

Can't wait, I'm confident that our switch from a 24' Crownline to our 24' Bennington will be well worth it. It will be exciting to finally get it in the water for he first time. Looking forward to a great summer.

Over here in Illinois we usually plan our boating season on being memorial day to labor day.....

Can't wait, I'm confident that our switch from a 24' Crownline to our 24' Bennington will be well worth it. It will be exciting to finally get it in the water for he first time. Looking forward to a great summer.
You will love the room on the boat. You will have some much more usable space.

You will love the room on the boat. You will have some much more usable space.
Heck we went from a 6x12 deck GillGetter to a 8'6" x 22' deck on RLi ..... Wife and I have to call each other on cell phones to talk now if we are on opposite ends !!!! Lol !!!!

If we get a warm day we'll be out on the toon. First we're leaving tomorrow to see our new grandson in NJ and from there next Sunday we leave on a cruise in the Carribbean. B)

Two great times; Have a good time Carl

Oh, I deffinately plan on it. B)

My wife is funny, loves being on the boat, has told me numerous times she NEVER wants to go on a cruise! Haha, even less after the latest news from that Carnival episode. Maybe if we brought our own porti potty? Hehe

This will be our 38th cruise and never a problem. We love it. Derrick, let us know if your wife changes her mind, we love company.

That could work.

It would never work!! We'd all want to be the Captain!! Haha, maybe give the cruise captain some tips on different prop combos and layout ideas. Haha we would get kicked off at the first stop!

The last cruise I was on I kept running into the guy from Canada who was a car boat ferry captain. He was a wealth of boating information on larger vessels.

As for spring launch dates we are hoping sometime in April. Once the lake level is adjusted back up I'll be ready to rock and roll!!

44 ............ :)

We hope to be able to launch in mid-May, just in time for Memorial Day weekend.

32 and counting !! Come on April 1st !!

Back