THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Snowing here today. Looks to be better in two weeks. 

Looking good!

That's ok Mark. I'll just climb in, lay on the seat, and listen to the radio.

Like a baby rocking in a cradle.  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember my days in Mass. The temp in May was around 50 :angry: but you'd bite you lip start the engines and go for a ride. :eek: The season was at it's end October1st. Then I was working so you only got weekends, and if it rained , and it seemed like it always did, that really cut the season short. :huh: Now we have our pick of the day we want to go out here in SC, and the season ends the end of October, 7 full months :D . Time for hunting otherwise we could go 'till Mid November.

Our dock's been in for a couple weeks, but it snowed here yesterday and today, 27 degrees now. Someone please turn that big heater on soon!

Snowing here now , :angry:

I went out and split some wood just so I could be outside. I really hope it warms up soon!

Mowed the yard today. High 30's. Took a drive up to lake this morning to check on boat. Winds 30-40+ mph overnight. Wanted to make sure it was okay. Good thing we ran up yesterday and tied it off real good. Lake had some good whitecaps it was so windy. 

Last night driving home, the retention pond on the subdivision down the street had whitecaps.  Landscaped mulch this morning that had frost on it.  Positive is that we are visiting the Lake house construction tomorrow if Jill is feeling good enough. 

It was 85 here today! Windy as heck..but 85!

Got a letter from my dealer/storage facility last week .He wants a 3 week notice when I want to launch .

We got 9 inches of snow ,Sunday and there is another 8 predicted for Tuesday night into Wednesday .

Dont think I am going to make my May 1st date 

We got another inch of snow but the real problem was the wind, the bitter cold wind

Gee .... and the forecasters were predicting a "warmer than normal" spring .......  <_<

I hope so ,I just scheduled my launch for May 9th .I can move it forward if weather allows 

Right now April 16th is looking good for weather down here. I know that is a ways off but I always hit a lake near where it is stored before bringing it home. I still need to get my lift in.

getting anxious, got the pier in yesterday, spent the day helping a friend with his big water boat, couldn't wait any longer, had to see what it looked like lit up...pretty cool....

/monthly_2016_04/large.IMG_6410.JPG.d518ce30ab583ee53ea3acf14d1d1542.JPG

And so it begins .....

29785138-68FA-43A7-9D56-0588EB97F58A.jpeg

Im sure it will even seem longer for those of you - like you - waiting for your new pontoons. :D

Yeah, I keep checking the build site to see if anything new pops up. It's gonna be a loooooong 5 months.  :(

IMG_0326.jpeg

Back