The new gas saver to cruise to lake on weekends ......

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Little better mpg than my Hemi .... not quite as fast though ..... :D

Gotta install Benny license plate frame n good to go !!!!!

0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I always loved the Saturn model of that car. It is one cool looking roadster, and since they don't make 'em anymore, it'll increase if value.

Ain't you a little old for a mid life crisis?

Oh, wait... that was me. Carry on.

Turbo motor?
No missed a GXP by one day, but found this one and got a great deal, plus they delivered it to my house an hour away.

Nice! I always loved the Saturn model of that car. It is one cool looking roadster, and since they don't make 'em anymore, it'll increase if value.
Yeah, I like that model too, but I belong to SVGTO, so my club would kick me out if I did not get a Pontiac !! LOL !!!!

We are big Pontiac fans..... Had 4 Fieros, 4 Grand Ams, 3 Firebirds ...... Have a GTO, and now a Solstice ......

We have toys cause we are DINK's .... Dual Income No Kids ......

Ain't you a little old for a mid life crisis?

Oh, wait... that was me. Carry on.
I thought that's why we bought the Benny ...... Must not have got it out of our system ..... Lol !!!!

Semper....you'll love this...10 GTO's,'68 400 Bird. '71 455 TA, and a bought new '76 TA....all gone now but I was really into Pontiacs growing up. Oh, and a '73 455 SJ Gran Prix. Steve

Yeah, I like that model too, but I belong to SVGTO, so my club would kick me out if I did not get a Pontiac !! LOL !!!!

We are big Pontiac fans..... Had 4 Fieros, 4 Grand Ams, 3 Firebirds ...... Have a GTO, and now a Solstice ......

We have toys cause we are DINK's .... Dual Income No Kids ......
Love the DINK! HAHAHAHA

I have had a few Pontiacs in my time too. Grand Am, Grand Prix, and my most favorite car of all time was my light blue 66 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, two door coupe. As close as I could get to the GTO! Then I got drafted, and my Dad sold it while was away. Broke my heart! To this day I still love that car.

The Saturn and Pontiac versions of the your two seater couple really rock, and I could never figure out why they didn't sell more of them. If you are ever this way and need someone to cruise with..................just sayin'. :) ^_^

Love the DINK! HAHAHAHA

I have had a few Pontiacs in my time too. Grand Am, Grand Prix, and my most favorite car of all time was my light blue 66 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, two door coupe. As close as I could get to the GTO! Then I got drafted, and my Dad sold it while was away. Broke my heart! To this day I still love that car.

The Saturn and Pontiac versions of the your two seater couple really rock, and I could never figure out why they didn't sell more of them. If you are ever this way and need someone to cruise with..................just sayin'. :) ^_^
Yeah, my first car was a red '66 LeMans coupe w/326 auto. Loved it, many great memories :)

From one car guy to another, good choice!

Semper....you'll love this...10 GTO's,'68 400 Bird. '71 455 TA, and a bought new '76 TA....all gone now but I was really into Pontiacs growing up. Oh, and a '73 455 SJ Gran Prix. Steve
How did you miss the 74 SD?

Eric, just never could get my hands on one at a decent price. Now they are way to pricey. The '71 did have a set of SD rods in it. It was pristine, original paint, never wrecked and sold to a young guy in Branson, Missouri and he promptly put nitrous on it and drag raced it. Exploded the side out of the number matching block. Made me sick. Steve

Tested it out this weekend, lets just say that little normally aspirated 177 hp 4 banger kicks some tail ....... open highway...... ummmmm, plenty FAST !!

I cant imagine the turbo model .... maybe I need that supercharger kit they sell ...... 340hp out of a 4 cylinder !!!!! :lol:

For a little motor, this thing sh**s & gits !!!!! :D

Loved my 1970 SS 396 Chevelle. Also '68 "442". Gerry

Main reason is because they shut down GM Pontiac & Saturn divisions ..... They produced 65,000 in four years and the fourth year tailed off due to rumors of Pontiac shutting down, or this could have been a lucrative market for GM. Problem is, it hads the same issues in marketing as the Fiero GT's ..... scavenging Corvette sales as a 2 seat performance model for budget concious buyers. GM is so stupid, they still have not brought the UTE from Holden (El Camino) on as a secondary "small truck" niche vehicle.

Bean counters can be a companies best friend and worst enemy ..........

I opted for an Audi TT quattro roadster.......now I can get to my Benny in a hurry!

I like the go fast stuff as well. I have 2006 Ford GT, not a Mustang GT, but the rear engined 205MPH + Ford GT, like the GT 40 that Ford campaigned against Ferrari at LeMans in the 60's. I also have a continuation 67 Shelby Cobra. Going fast is in my blood.

I like the go fast stuff as well. I have 2006 Ford GT, not a Mustang GT, but the rear engined 205MPH + Ford GT, like the GT 40 that Ford campaigned against Ferrari at LeMans in the 60's. I also have a continuation 67 Shelby Cobra. Going fast is in my blood.
I'm not the biggest Ford fan, BUT, the GT is one of my dream cars !!!!! THAT IS ONE SWEET CAR !!!! :wub:

It sounds crazy, but I owned 2 Mavericks (70 & 72) when I was younger. I still love that car ...... put many miles on it when I was in the Corps....... Sigh .......

If you look at the design from thoise years, cars had lines and curves, now most "budget" cars all look the same ????

Back