Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

I was regretting not getting power steering on my brand new boat, not that might the hydraulic but thought power might be better. Was thinking about adding it but maybe not worth the hassle?
Worth it.

Worth it.
Hmm. I don’t have a problem with it as is but I do think the wife might appreciate it. Do you have any idea of the cost to add? Could I DIY?
Edit: looks to be about $1500. Might consider putting this in in the summer maybe.

Hmm. I don’t have a problem with it as is but I do think the wife might appreciate it. Do you have any idea of the cost to add? Could I DIY?
Edit: looks to be about $1500. Might consider putting this in in the summer maybe.
You need to do 2 things. #1 - read this info: http://club.benningtonmarine.com/th...ns-including-hydraulic-and-power-assist.8120/

#2 - search "power assist steering". Lots of previous discussions will turn up, including members who have added it later. Bust seriously, why would you go through the time and trouble when the factory can do it for you?

You need to do 2 things. #1 - read this info: http://club.benningtonmarine.com/th...ns-including-hydraulic-and-power-assist.8120/

#2 - search "power assist steering". Lots of previous discussions will turn up, including members who have added it later. Bust seriously, why would you go through the time and trouble when the factory can do it for you?
I just found that and am printing out the SeaStar manual haha.

Little too late for the factory to do it I’m afraid.

Attachments

• 9A545DA6-D55A-462B-A1C3-3F5248AE8093.jpeg
    9A545DA6-D55A-462B-A1C3-3F5248AE8093.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 14
I just found that and am printing out the SeaStar manual haha.

Little too late for the factory to do it I’m afraid.
Do you know that for a fact?

Do you know that for a fact?
No sir. I can see the boat from where I’m sitting right now though. I don’t mean this snarky at all because I’ve very new to this but are you suggesting I send it back to the factory? Sorry if I’m not understanding something.

No sir. I can see the boat from where I’m sitting right now though. I don’t mean this snarky at all because I’ve very new to this but are you suggesting I send it back to the factory? Sorry if I’m not understanding something.
No problem. I did not know the stage of boat building you were in. Congrats on the new boat.

No problem. I did not know the stage of boat building you were in. Congrats on the new boat.
Oh haha. I put a picture in the post where I said it was too late for the factory to do it. We took delivery two weeks ago so she is already on the lift. I very much appreciate the help!

Ask your dealer about adding it

Ask your dealer about adding it
I plan to. He’s got a prop on order for me, the prop he put on the boat is underpitched, so I’ll ask him when I pick that up. I’m expecting him to quote me twice what I can do it for myself.

Hopefully he would charge you his cost for parts , labor is whats going to hurt .

Hopefully he would charge you his cost for parts , labor is whats going to hurt .
That’s my fear too. I do all my own maintenance on everything I own so I’m sure this is something I can knock out too. I didn’t even buy a trailer for the boat so I would have to pay dealer to pick it up and put it back in the water too. I think he only charges $100 for that though.

There are members here that have installed their own . Perhaps they will chime in also .

There are members here that have installed their own . Perhaps they will chime in also .
I read in the other thread, I think that Cwag guy did it? He looked to be in Charlotte too just up on the next lake from me.

Oh no. That’s too bad. Seen him pop up a lot, seemed like he had a lot of good information

Yeah, Carl was a really great guy and he's missed greatly. He was a standup guy willing to help out anyone, anyway he could.

I plan to. He’s got a prop on order for me, the prop he put on the boat is underpitched, so I’ll ask him when I pick that up. I’m expecting him to quote me twice what I can do it for myself.
This was in 2016 when my dealer installed Power Assist and it was $3,600 for the installation.

Sweet 8 pound 6 ounce Baby Jesus....
Because of some issue with the build I was good with it I was able to get 7 year warranty on it at the time.

Back