Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

Yeah, Carl was a really great guy and he's missed greatly. He was a standup guy willing to help out anyone, anyway he could.
Yeah miss Carl. We still see his wife Suzi from time to time. Hard to do regularly with Covid. I can still see him at our house for Game night!

Bannerman are you having a hard time steering or navigating your boat. We have a 24 footer w/a Merc 150 and hydraulic steering and have no problem turning the wheel. Even when pulling skiiers/wakeboarders....

Bannerman are you having a hard time steering or navigating your boat. We have a 24 footer w/a Merc 150 and hydraulic steering and have no problem turning the wheel. Even when pulling skiiers/wakeboarders....
No Sir, not trouble at all but thought the wife might appreciate the power steering, she is just over 100# normally (a little more now since we've got a baby on the way!)

Thanks! Our first so we are equal parts excited and nervous, haha. Did get a pretty great shot of the front of the Benny a couple nights ago.

View attachment 29147
Congratulations! If it’s a boy have you considered Bennington the second as a name? Has a nice ring to it... Time goes quickly (especially in the beginning). Get lots of pictures and videos and enjoy every moment.

Not sure I have a regret, but now having this boat I know for sure what my next one will be. I will get a Benny Tritoon with the Windscreen for sure. Some nights get chilly here in Maine and I miss the windscreen of my bowrider on those chilly night rides. Makes a huge difference.
That is why I ordered mine with the windscreen, to keep my hunny warm. Worth every penny.

Hey Folks, I just joined the club and am waiting for delivery of my 22SSRX with the Mercury 150 Hp. Would love to hear from others out there who have similar Horsepower on the 22SSRX. Is that enough ?
I have a 115HP Evinrude. Will go 22. Can tube and ski fine. Just wish I had the extra HP. I'll take your 150 :)

Does it count if I didn't build my boat? I wish I had pop up cleats. I got a quote from the dealer to install all four. Close to $800. A little too much for me.

Other than that I'd take a little more HP, but I bought the biggest motor that would fit our boat.

We just bought our 1st Bennington. We had another brand of Tritoon for 3 years. I have never been so excited to spend so much money in my life. We went with the Bow Rider with a 300HP. We had to go to 25' to get the 300 but well worth it as we had a 115. They said May or June it will be ready. I really hope so as we are so ready, !!!

We just bought our 1st Bennington. We had another brand of Tritoon for 3 years. I have never been so excited to spend so much money in my life. We went with the Bow Rider with a 300HP. We had to go to 25' to get the 300 but well worth it as we had a 115. They said May or June it will be ready. I really hope so as we are so ready, !!!
A 115 to a 300!!! Oh my. So jealous.

I was regretting not getting power steering on my brand new boat, not that might the hydraulic but thought power might be better. Was thinking about adding it but maybe not worth the hassle? Does anyone know what it would cost to add it? Could I DIY?
Did you ever do this? I am looking into doing mine! SS22 had to go Tritoon and it handles great but the steering is horrible

Did you ever do this? I am looking into doing mine! SS22 had to go Tritoon and it handles great but the steering is horrible
Doubt he’ll respond. Hasn’t been active since Sept. 21

I had power assist added to my 22' 150 Merc last month and just used the boat for two weeks every day fishing in Canada. The power assist worked perfectly. I added it for docking the boat because at slow speeds you need both hands to turn the wheel but you also needed throttle and you ran out of hands. Now I can turn the wheel with one hand while docking. The pump only runs will turning the motor so you only hear it at slow speeds. A little noise is well worth the ease of steering. It also make cruising easier on the driver.

I did a 2022 S22 and opted for 32" Oval tunes instead of tritoon, with saltwater package, lifting strakes, rough water package, keel, and 150 yamaha. Hydraulic steering but not power assist. Handles great, 44 MPH with three in the boat and full tank of fuel. Drops to 39 mph with 6 people in the boat, but I usually cruise at the 25 mph intercoastal speed limit (25-30 actually. Please don't tell anyone LOL).
No regrets, the 32" oval pontoons are great, Stgeering is great, handling is great for a Pontoon, takes a pretty good chop and boat wakes in the intercoastal when I keep the nose trimmed up, gets up and goes same as my previous 22.5' center console Sea Hunt with the 150 Yammie. Couldn't be happier.

I did a 2022 S22 and opted for 32" Oval tunes instead of tritoon, with saltwater package, lifting strakes, rough water package, keel, and 150 yamaha. Hydraulic steering but not power assist. Handles great, 44 MPH with three in the boat and full tank of fuel. Drops to 39 mph with 6 people in the boat, but I usually cruise at the 25 mph intercoastal speed limit (25-30 actually. Please don't tell anyone LOL).
No regrets, the 32" oval pontoons are great, Stgeering is great, handling is great for a Pontoon, takes a pretty good chop and boat wakes in the intercoastal when I keep the nose trimmed up, gets up and goes same as my previous 22.5' center console Sea Hunt with the 150 Yammie. Couldn't be happier.
Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!

I did a 2022 SF21 and opted for 32" Oval tunes instead of tritoon, with saltwater package, lifting strakes, rough water package, keel, and 150 Yamaha. Hydraulic steering but not power assist. Handles great, 44 MPH with three in the boat and full tank of fuel. Drops to 39 mph with 6 people in the boat, but I usually cruise at the 25 mph intercoastal speed limit (25-30 actually. Please don't tell anyone LOL).
No regrets, the 32" oval pontoons are great, Steering is great, handling is great for a Pontoon, takes a pretty good chop and boat wakes in the intercoastal when I keep the nose trimmed up, gets up and goes same as my previous 22.5' center console Sea Hunt with the 150 Yammie. Actually planes faster. Couldn't be happier.

2020 23GFB with 300 Yamaha, ESP hull. I would have added two things: 1) the raised helm left-side goor for access under the helm (thought it was standard, but was an option) since there is absolutely NO storage for phone/wallet/keys other than the tiny "glove box" 2) the powered blackout bimini vs. the manual blackout bimini with the blue lights on the cross bar. Other than that got most other options and lots of power.

Just picked up my QSB 2575 yesterday. Chose to go with the Ivory Classic because I know from the last boat, the lighter the color fabric the less hot the seats get, plus easy to keep looking brand new. However, the Ivory Classic fabric used in (at least) the Q-series is not the soft vinyl, it's the new stuff they are putting in the boat that is not as soft and quite frankly looks cheaper although they say it's an upgrade and better (I guess we'll see if that's the case). I would have sacrificed the temperature for the soft vinyl interior even if I had to go with a darker color. Those ordering the Ivory Classic interior as your main color beware! If anyone else out there has any experience with the new style of fabric please leave some feedback with your experience with the fabric, what you use to clean it with (Bennington says to use just 10% soap and water) interested in your feedback.
I love the SimTex fabric and clean up is easy ! 2021 24LSB

Back