thumb/hand turn plastic broke (bimini), warranty? 2019 23 SS BXP

BeaverJon

Reaction score
Who can help? The dealer has not called back, I am 2nd owner, so no warranty coverage on a plastic hand/thumb turn screw/bolt? Apparently no one knows where to buy one of these?
The Bimini has 4 clips each side but it has this hand/thumb screw to get the front post near 90 degree angle

Home Depot has -0-. Menards does online but I don't want to drive 10 hours. Which store did you find with one? I did not measure the broken piece, I figured I could call the dealer and order one. What is the length, thickness, etc? I will buy online if Bennington does not provide parts on a current year pontoon.

Why do you use the knobs to put cover down?

Wow, I’ve never seen it done that way. If it’s the front arms, I pull down on frame and lock/unlock. In 10 years I’ve never touched those adjusters except to tighten up the top slightly.
Are you talking the front arms that lock in, on the rear Bimini?

Same here as Semp

Time for another how-to-video Dave.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9N0YF4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I broke one of my plastic knobs this weekend so I ordered these from amazon. They will be here tomorrow and I will post whether they worked or not. The are pricey but I have to put my cover down to store in the garage so I use the knobs often and I need them to be able to stand up to being used.

If these work for you, let me know. I just ordered 4 knobs from the 1 dealer (out of 3 called) so I would have on hand when it breaks again. However, I really like the look of the metal one you found. I would switch out the factory plastic that will break again in favor of your metal one that will last until dropped in the water. If your metal one will remain "in" but loose, then it should never fall in the water.

Wow, I’ve never seen it done that way. If it’s the front arms, I pull down on frame and lock/unlock. In 10 years I’ve never touched those adjusters except to tighten up the top slightly.

Same here (but only 8 years). Lock/unlock pretty easy when pulling down slightly without loosening the knob.

The ones that come on the boat are pretty cheap and break easily. You can go to Lowes Hardware store and buy black plastic T handle things that are made for lawnmower handles. They fit perfectly, match perfectly, and are much more sturdy than Bennington's version. You can get a pair of them for about $5.

If these work for you, let me know. I just ordered 4 knobs from the 1 dealer (out of 3 called) so I would have on hand when it breaks again. However, I really like the look of the metal one you found. I would switch out the factory plastic that will break again in favor of your metal one that will last until dropped in the water. If your metal one will remain "in" but loose, then it should never fall in the water.

These worked great! Yes they are pricey but I see it as a one time fix that I will not have to worry about.

Back