Took Delivery today - now my lift is no longer lonely

WahooWa

Reaction score
Took delivery today ... couldn't be happier. Now the lift is no longer lonely.  The only issue we had was the "removable ski pylon" wasn't removable ... dealer rep tried to show how easy the pylon was to remove, but it wasn't.  On the bright side, he said he'd have his tech come over to the house and get it squared away.  The break-in period is tough ... really wanted to push the throttle down to see what it would do.  Will have to wait until the weekend.  Would have been nice if the dealer had put more than 5 gallons of gas in the boat.  Oh well.

gallery_5524_573_137682.jpg

gallery_5524_573_16303.jpg

gallery_5524_573_651568.jpg

gallery_5524_573_352466.jpg

gallery_5524_573_133546.jpg

The first few times getting the ski pylon out is a bugger. Use a rag (or other protection)and an adjustable oil filter wrench.

Very nice !!!!!

Congrats!  Looks great.

Nice.   Bet that baby will hum when she gets broke in.  Breakin period seems sooo slow.  Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE !!!!!!

Bought it from Anna's Marine Center on Lake Anna. They were very easy to work with. I made a number of changes after ordering (most notably the bigger motor and the center toon fuel tank) with no problems. It's actually a 24 ft boat - I don't understand why Bennington calls it a 2250 ....

Should have wings lol. Nice boat should be able to hit 50 I would think.

Looks great, congrats!

Looking good!

Great boat, and you should have a great source of enjoyment in the future. 

I don't know if your boathouse is located in calm water, but the size of your slip may be a little small if you've got to land the boat in heavy waves.  Any way you go, you might want to order some factory built padding to put on the front and the sides of your slip to protect that new boat.

I came in last weekend after being out on my maiden voyage of the year, and had a pretty big crosswind.  I thought I'd dented my boat a little, but didn't.  And I've probably got 4' wider slip than you do.

I fabricated a full rack underneath my Bennie out of 4" channel steel--12' wide and 18' long--with 4 cross members.  The toons are sitting on top of two 2x8's sitting flat bolted to the 4 crosspieces.  And I have long carpeted bolsters 3' above the rack on the outside of the toons with the rear of the bolsters flaring out 18" on each side.  When I come in for a landing, my rack centers itself under my boat.  It's worked well.

Wahoo, now I know how you got your name, she's beautiful

Congratulations. I took delivery from the same dealer last weekend. They filled all 50 gallons up for me...kidding...got the same 5 as you and was a little shocked.

Great looking boat.  My dealer did fill up my tank with gas, but of course, my 18' 60 HP Benny, only holds a little over 20 gallons.

Very nice, 

.............  My dealer did fill up my tank with gas, but of course, my 18' 60 HP Benny, only holds a little over 20 gallons.
Feel like I hit the lottery since the dealer filled my 50 plus gallon tank prior to delivery.

Back