Top Dealer

Ecoman

Reaction score
I had to drive almost 400 mies to buy by Bennington. After placing my order my Dealer has had a lot of patience with me. I have called him almost everyday with different questions and second guessing my options on the boat. He has been very good to allow me to ask questions and no squash my excitement. Finding a good boat is one thing finding a Great Dealership that is fantastic I would recommend Phil Dill to everybody in Texas and surrounding area.

I had to drive almost 400 mies to buy by Bennington. After placing my order my Dealer has had a lot of patience with me. I have called him almost everyday with different questions and second guessing my options on the boat. He has been very good to allow me to ask questions and no squash my excitement. Finding a good boat is one thing finding a Great Dealership that is fantastic I would recommend Phil Dill to everybody in Texas and surrounding area.
Excellent. It's nice to see comments about dealers going above and beyond. Make sure to post pics when u get it !!!!

Cuz I would drive 400 miles and I would drive 400 more. Just to be the man that drove 800 miles to get a Benny out the door! Hehe, sorry, ya made me think of that song.

Ha ha ha. I'm Gonna Be by The Proclaimers. Always liked that song.

51WSmX87PyL._AA160_.jpg

Didn't you drive a boatload of miles to get your boat? I drove 120 (one way) to get my Benny.

Smells like a contest brewing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the boat and the lucky find in the dealership, I am finding that even some of the great dealerships seem to have good/bad salesmen within them. It sounds like you found both which is great.

I bought mine very close to where you got yours. I went to Jerry Whittle and I had a similar experience. I emailed him, called his cell, and walked in the shop just to sit in the boat on the floor and imagine it was mine. Looking back, I had to be wearing him out.

The dealer makes a world of difference in purcasing a boat and servicing after the sale.

Ha ha ha. I'm Gonna Be by The Proclaimers. Always liked that song.

51WSmX87PyL._AA160_.jpg

Didn't you drive a boatload of miles to get your boat? I drove 120 (one way) to get my Benny.

Smells like a contest brewing...
309 miles, one way. 497km's for my Canadian comrades

I drove 90 miles to buy my Bennie, which was far enough for me. There was a dealer 50 miles away that didn't have the model or engine I wanted.

I just dread ever having a warranty claim. Taking it up there and going back and picking it up will be 4 times the driving distance--360 miles. That is a major consideration.

It's very nice that you're so satisfied with the dealer ordering experience. Come back and sing your praises after you take delivery of your boat. That's when the superlative dealerships show their stripes.

I have a friend that ownes Family Power Sports here and he's not a Bennington Dealer but he is a Certified Mercruiser Dealer he could and would be able to do any engine warranty , any actual Bennington boat warranty I would need to take it back to the dealer. I believe that this is well built boat and we are going to have no problems. For 100k I expect no problems!!

I need to find a new dealer, perhaps Phil Dill. We were using Jim Whittle Boats in Lewisville. Great dealer, took very good care of us at the time of sale as well as other little things that came up later. Recently I went back for service as well as to look at the 2013 lineup, only to find that Bennington had switched from this dealer to Phil Dill. The dealer said that Phil Dill was chosen over them because they had 10 dealerships.

I wish Bennington would set up another dealership in the Fort Worth area.

Back