trailering cover. amyone got one?

youghpirate

Reaction score
hi, anyone have a trailering cover that actually fits their benny?

since i tow my toon evrywhere every weekend i was looking into getting one. last summer right after i baught my benny i ordered a cover thats was SUPPOSED to fit mine. yeah right!!!! i have a 2011 20 SLI and would really like to get a trailering cover. right now i have the moring cover. i would just like to have some protection when towing.

the cover i ordered was a Wake Monsoon. they said it would fit the 102" beam, which it would have if there were not seats or rails on the boat. lol. directions said to pull the cover down over the rub rails and cinch the drawstring tight.... then secure with the enclosed straps. ok. but the cover was about 5 foot to narrow to go all the way down to the rub rails.

so now im hesitant on ordering another cover andnot fitting and having to return it AGAIN. :angry:

any suggestions? anyone ordered a cover that works? brand etc....

or would i bebetter off to find a good canvas shop and have 1 made?

got some time this weekend to "shop" around since the forecast calls for 100 deg w/ 110 heat index. my benny will be dry. :(

hi, anyone have a trailering cover that actually fits their benny?

since i tow my toon evrywhere every weekend i was looking into getting one. last summer right after i baught my benny i ordered a cover thats was SUPPOSED to fit mine. yeah right!!!! i have a 2011 20 SLI and would really like to get a trailering cover. right now i have the moring cover. i would just like to have some protection when towing.

the cover i ordered was a Wake Monsoon. they said it would fit the 102" beam, which it would have if there were not seats or rails on the boat. lol. directions said to pull the cover down over the rub rails and cinch the drawstring tight.... then secure with the enclosed straps. ok. but the cover was about 5 foot to narrow to go all the way down to the rub rails.

so now im hesitant on ordering another cover andnot fitting and having to return it AGAIN. :angry:

any suggestions? anyone ordered a cover that works? brand etc....

or would i bebetter off to find a good canvas shop and have 1 made?

got some time this weekend to "shop" around since the forecast calls for 100 deg w/ 110 heat index. my benny will be dry. :(
We had a new cover made for our other pontoon. It covers to below the deck and is waterproof and trailerable. At each support pole there is a vent. It has worked very well. It is well made, expensive and heavy. It is made in two pieces with a zipper that goes from side gate to side gate so you can take it apart to store. The Sailor Tailor in Bellbrook OH made it last year. The snaps are a work of art. The boat is bone dry when you remove the cover. it has two rows of snaps so it is easy to attach with the boat in the water. When you trailer, you snap the other row and it locks the cover 100% down. We just towed to Canada (500 miles each way). We pack the boat full for the trip and used it have everything in garbage bags to kept stuff dry. Now we just load and go. It also has helped the mileage a slight amount. It does not flap and keeps it shape much better.

We had a new cover made for our other pontoon. It covers to below the deck and is waterproof and trailerable. At each support pole there is a vent. It has worked very well. It is well made, expensive and heavy. It is made in two pieces with a zipper that goes from side gate to side gate so you can take it apart to store. The Sailor Tailor in Bellbrook OH made it last year. The snaps are a work of art. The boat is bone dry when you remove the cover. it has two rows of snaps so it is easy to attach with the boat in the water. When you trailer, you snap the other row and it locks the cover 100% down. We just towed to Canada (500 miles each way). We pack the boat full for the trip and used it have everything in garbage bags to kept stuff dry. Now we just load and go. It also has helped the mileage a slight amount. It does not flap and keeps it shape much better.
So did you have to take your boat to them or did they tell you how and where to measure?

So did you have to take your boat to them or did they tell you how and where to measure?
You would have to take the boat to them. It is tailored to your boat which is why it fits so well. Anything "off the shelf" fits like a bad suit. Our old cover allowed mold to grow over the season and ruined our seats. The cover cost 1/3 of what new vinyl will. The snap system is much easier to hook than the normal snap grommeted into the fabric. I will try to post pictures soon. We made an appointment and left the boat for a week. They do about 4 boats a week.

Can you post pictures of your cover? I'm looking to have one custom made...no need to reinvent the wheel! Thanks Julie

Can you post pictures of your cover? I'm looking to have one custom made...no need to reinvent the wheel! Thanks Julie
I would love to post pics but I used my quota of pics upload. If anybody can help me post thumbnails of my pics please let me know.

Back